RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1st Annual RTF Training Jamboree!

85K views 490 replies 87 participants last post by  Rnd 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, this has been discussed many times.
I have talked to the janitor and he approves.
Therefore, I will try my best to make this happen.

#1--We need some smart people that can plan events to help us.
#2--WE need a location that can accomadate probably a dozen or so dogs to start.
(hopefully more!)
#3--We need ideas on the format.

Here is what I have in mind.

Central location, southern IN/IL or St Louis area.
Saturday training, tailgate afterwards.
Pot luck eliminates any cost or catering.
Everybody brings something.

Sunday morning training.

Equipment;
I have 3 SoG's but I am sure there could be enough if a few join in..

I thought maybe we could do a typical club set up.
Maybe 3 or 4 marks various distances.
3 or 4 blinds various distances and complexity.

Some fun competitions like a 5 bird scramble, fastest retrieve etc.
Share your ideas on stuff to run.

Every level of dog would be welcome!!!!

If you could help, pm me please or post here.

WE are going to make something happen.
I am thinking mid-March to mid-April.

BTW--me, Elvis and the Redhead will bring CC cookies!!!:D

What do you think?
Thanks,

See less See more
#82 · (Edited)
FO SHO;
Chris A
Nancy P
Justin S
Byron Musick
Matt Gasaway
Johnds
Momof Tess
labsRus

MEBBE:
Mosse Gooser
Jon Couch
M&K
Huntinman
Luvalab
Pat Addis
MJH
Duckheads
Sundown49 aka Otey
Lizard55033
blinddogmaddie
Mary Lynn Metras
Scully
hotel4dogs
FinnLandR
RockyDog
Dekester

#83 ·
so apparently you don't have much faith in my boy finishing his title in time for me to get there, since I'm not on the mebbe list???? :(

#84 ·
Whatchyoo talkin' about?

Your there, look again!

I have every confidence in your dog!!!!:cool:

#88 ·
2 cookies????

They're real good!!!!!:D

#90 ·
Stan could you or Nancy post up some motel info. and an address that will work on GPS......These two things greatly affect my status.......:):)

#91 ·
It is exit 129 on I-70 there is a Days Inn

933 Illinois 49, Casey, IL 62420

it runs about $51

#94 ·
I will be in the water by mid march, thats the beauty of shallow water with big surface area and protected from the wind. In the summer we train early or move to the deeper water. I will be happy to share pond/wetland design tips. Its what I do. Unless we have a deep freeze you all will get in some awesome water work.

#95 ·
this sounds like a great chance for a young new comer to meet some of you great people, only problem is i pick up my pup in early march might be a little too young for this:( i wish i knew some of the names on the list, i must say people in the retriever world are some of the nicest and most respectful people around :)

loran

#101 ·
Ms. Weezie is scheduled to deliver 2 new retrieving russell terriers on March 10th. So just imagine how very cute the one month old fuzzbutts with be by then. ;) Fingers crossed for my little Weezie that all goes well. I will bring her out to retrieve at the home farm. Archie will show the big dogs how its done at the big farm.

#102 ·
Ms. Weezie is scheduled to deliver 2 new retrieving russell terriers on March 10th. So just imagine how very cute the one month old fuzzbutts with be by then. ;) Fingers crossed for my little Weezie that all goes well. I will bring her out to retrieve at the home farm. Archie will show the big dogs how its done at the big farm.

That is so cool Nancy. I think myChopper bitch Xena is due to have pups by FC Westwoods Sunday Silence about the same time.
In keeping with the apparent theme of Black Sitcoms of the 70's I guess you all can call me Mr Jefferson and I guess I'll have to take in & do everybodys laundry. Additionally that may require Wheezie to make an appearance at the "Deluxe Apartment in the Sky" :)

All in all it sounds like GOOD TIMES!!

#108 ·
Hey Stan, if this works well for ya'll we might just try to put something on like this for the eastern side of the RTF world. I would be glad to use our farm.....would need help though. It sounds like you guys will have a big time.....we're envious over/down here. I'll lean on you for suggestions afterwards.

Wally

#109 ·
If you do, me, Elvis and the Redhead will make the trip!

#110 ·
Is there a deadline for letting someone know we are coming? I'd be up for one down your way Wally and help any way I could. I'm actually thinking about going to Illinois and have a little fun but I have one dog that needs 3 passes for her MH title. We could possibly get it before that weekend but might need to run Cheraw 6&7th. SC would be a whole lot closer but I like road trips so still might go.

#112 ·
No deadline, we are just keeping a running tab.

#114 ·
I'm pretty new to this world and I think it would be too great of an opportunity to pass up. So....

Put me down as FOSHO, please.
As a bonus, I'm really close.
So to Nancy, if you need ANY help prior to, feel free to let me know and I'll do what I can.

Thanks, Scott

#115 ·
FO SHO;
Chris A
Nancy P
Justin S
Byron Musick
Matt Gasaway
Johnds
Momof Tess
labsRus
STRAIGHT-GUT

MEBBE:
Mosse Gooser
Jon Couch
M&K
Huntinman
Luvalab
Pat Addis
MJH
Duckheads
Sundown49 aka Otey
Lizard55033
blinddogmaddie
Mary Lynn Metras
Scully
hotel4dogs
FinnLandR
RockyDog
Dekester

#119 ·
Unless you were to identify it as the "1st Annual RTF Training Jamboree.":cool:

#127 ·
Would love to come BUT Orlando - can't do it. Maybe if something similar down this way - from VA to FL I would definitely try to make it. Have a great time and be sure to let us all know how it goes - must show pics!!

#128 ·
Alright I've thought about it long enough. I'm in, I've got a winger and a quad if needed let me know. Stan bring some of those tasty cheese curds:-D. And I'll bring something with corn in it. To good of an opportunity to pass up just keep me busy and away from the coolers:cool:

#129 ·
Alright I've thought about it long enough. I'm in, I've got a winger and a quad if needed let me know. Stan bring some of those tasty cheese curds:-D. And I'll bring something with corn in it. To good of an opportunity to pass up just keep me busy and away from the coolers:cool:
Ha too funny - It is hard to stay away from the coolers though when they ride so nice on the back of the quad :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.