The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual RTF Training Jamboree!

Bob, all that work is really appreciated. Thanks a bunch and good luck on the sail boat sell.

Stretch

Quote Originally Posted by SjSmith View Post
    Bob, all that work is really appreciated.

Stretch
    X2 Thanks for all the work taking pictures for all to enjoy!

I met some very nice people and got to see some very nice dogs work. If you missed out I'm sorry for you. Thanks to all who attended, and those that made this possible. Thank God no craigslist cannibals were in attendance. And I got something in the raffle that you just can't buy. I just wish someone got a pic of me throwing my first duck BEHIND me. I had so much fun I wish we could do something like this once a month!

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I just wish someone got a pic of me throwing my first duck BEHIND me. !
    At least my dog got to watch the mark twice! Just slightly different placement on your second attempt! Lol
    River Bottom Retrievers

HRCH River Bottom Riparian Backwater MH - "Timber"
    (FC Riparian Windfall X HRCH Drenicks Castile Creek Allie MH)

River Bottoms Simply Elegant - "Pearl"
    (FC Drake's Bay Parting Of The Sea X Oldsquaw's Miss Darla QAA)

River Bottoms Leather N Lace - "Lacey"
    (FC AFC Wood River's Franchise X CFC Baypoints My Girl)

www.RiverBottomRetrievers.net

We came. We played. We had a great time!

All of us played well together...... dogs and people!

Special thanks to Nancy and Bart Pals for their great hospitality, access to training land and fantastic water venue.

Chris Atkinson for providing the venue that brought us all together.

Stan for coordinating the event with Nancy and others and keeping the event focused and on track.

Justin Schneider for picking up the birds (I think in St. Louis) and the clubs that donated them.

Janie for her tireless effort at the line, giving ideas, suggestions and sharing wisdom........ Thank you!

Scott Smith (Stretch) for providing the transportation, time and moral support for the dummy(ME) that left his ignition key in the on position, can you spell dead battery!

Illinois Bob for spending more time taking pictures (that we'll all enjoy) than the group spent in total training. I can hardly wait for his final selections. It's great to have a pro for photos. Thank you!

David Carrington from Avery for all the great raffel prizes...... I won far too many..... embarrassing.

A special thanks to all who came and played, it was great fun and a good learning experience.

Finally...... let's do it again.
    Last edited by Chuck Ward; 04-09-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Wish I would have been able to make it and sounds like it was a blast.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

I am so happy I went down there it was the boost I needed, especially now looking out side at the blizzard we are supposed to get another 4 to 6 inches of snow and we just got 4 to 6 inches yesterday - IT IS APRIL

It really was a joy getting to meet and talk with you all and I hope we can make this at least a yearly thing.
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Hey Justin, maybe next time you will stay up and wait for McDonalds to open with me! LOL! It was nice to meet you and your dogs!

Ok,That took just about every weeknight preparing that sailboat for viewing but it sold and is now in New York so it was worth the effort. The boat has been successfully converted to an IRA. Now I'm free to focus on pictures (and put away my stuff from last weekend) I've got Joe Bonomassa's new acoustic evening in vienna CD playing and plan on being on photos late into the night. I already went through about a hundred.Only about 900 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    Ok,That took just about every weeknight preparing that sailboat for viewing but it sold and is now in New York so it was worth the effort. The boat has been successfully converted to an IRA. Now I'm free to focus on pictures (and put away my stuff from last weekend) I've got Joe Bonomassa's new acoustic evening in vienna CD playing and plan on being on photos late into the night. I already went through about a hundred.Only about 900 to go.
    Hi Bob,

I really, really thank you for taking the time to shoot me the one of the Avery raffle right away. I know you've been swamped.

Sincere thanks, Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"