The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union Address

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Not a darn thing, EVERYTHING that everyone here predicted was in the speech, including using the parents (coincidently black parents) of one of the Conn children sitting in the presidential box with his wife,to pander about taking a vote about gun control

I also watched the Rubio response, but could find no coverage of the Rand Paul Tea Party response, had to look up the text of his speech on line
    I think you may have been confused. Those people were parents of a girl who marched in his inauguration parade & then was shot and killed like a week later in a Chicago park that is within a mile of Obama's Chicago home.

Hadiya Pendleton knew she lived in a big world. And the more of it she saw, the better.
    After returning from Washington, D.C., where the Chicago teenager performed as a majorette during last week’s inauguration festivities, she had her eye on her next destination: Paris.For family and friends of the 15-year-old sophomore, who was fatally shot Tuesday in a park near her school on Chicago's South Side, their Hadiya is gone, but her dreams and their memories are not.The victim’s mother shook her head and wiped away heavy tears during an interview Tuesday with WFLD-TV in Chicago: “I’m not worried about where she’s going. I know who has her. I just miss her. My heart … there’s a whole section of my heart that’s gone.” After finishing a day of final exams Tuesday at their college preparatory high school, Hadiya and several other students headed to a nearby park. About 2:20 p.m., after the group had staked out a spot under a canopy as rain pelted down, a male jumped a nearby fence, charged toward them and started shooting, Chicago police said.Police are still searching for the shooter, who probably "mistook the group for gang members and fired at them." Authorities don't think the killer targeted Hadiya, who was shot in the back and later died at a hospital. A male shooting victim is in serious condition, police said.Marielle Sainvilus, a spokeswoman for Chicago public schools, said King College Prep was one of two in the district that sent students to perform at the inauguration. King canceled its final exams for today.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think you may have been confused. Those people were parents of a girl who marched in his inauguration parade & then was shot and killed like a week later in a Chicago park that is within a mile of Obama's Chicago home.
    Buzz is correct!
    Those guys should be caught and put in prison, forever!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Yes, I think Chicago needs some gun control as well.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Buzz is correct!
    According to the news, they have 2 in custody. I would have liked the POTUS to have made mention of a need to rid the country of these piss ant gang bangers, some comitting murder just a "mile from My home". But of course, that might upset the black caucus and the rev Sharpton.

When will someone, anyone, any party, have the stones to cut the heads off these bottom dwellers.

Reopen Alcatraze Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Buzz is correct!
    They have been caught. One of them was loose on probation for a (ready for this one?.........I almost hate to say it ) gun charge of some sort!! The irony slays me.

The shooting was apparently a case of mistaken identity. I sort of hesitate to say this, but the dad looked a bit gangsta to me, but that just maybe the Chi-town look these days.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Mr Storts, Your solution is?
    There is not a fix all solution because the majority, cattle in this case, are believing everything the herd bull is saying.

Some are lucky and able to move from one state to another without any problems. Look at the decline in population of California. Then there is the possibility of moving to another county if the need would arise.

If USSR was replaced with United States in the Articles, I listed yesterday, and put on a ballot for the public to vote it would likely pass 60/40 or better. However, if the next ballot question was (Would you like to adopt USSR's Constitution yes/no). It would fail 10/90, it may even go to 15% because there are those drones among us which insist on free.

The minority breaking point of a society is usually around the 25 to 30 percent range. Currently that is a distant point but if you heard in the SOTU a earlier pre school education system was promoted. That is the best way to accomplish this goal but it is a 20 to 30 year plan. I just hope all the 20 to 40 year olds, which are today's cattle, are still around to enjoy this chaos.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 02-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I stand corrected...thank you
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Currently that is a distant point but if you heard in the SOTU a earlier pre school education system was promoted.
    How appropriate ... right after the agency's own study has proven that Head Start has proven itself totally useless; and even with negative impact by 3rd grade for both academic and social behaviors.

Of course, the problem with Head Start may be that it may be more prevalent in the same neighborhoods that have the worst schools and most violence, so any advantage gained in Head Start is easily overwhelmed with the existing, failing public schools.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Perhaps we need to refresh our memories again ...

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Perhaps we need to refresh our memories again ...
    How dare you quote that.
    Just shows that he is a POS and should not be the POTUS.

Over and over again, he lies to our face and never gets called on it.
    Bottom line is he is by far the best campaigner the USA has ever had. It's all he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!