The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union Address

Just wondering paul young or mngundog are you referring to the evil, greedy, conservative CEO's or does your question/comments include all of the ultra-wealthy liberal CEO's as well? I know that's a tough call for liberal thinking individuals since many of the wealthy liberals really don't create many jobs but instead make their money off of the general public!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    FWIW: Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Jess jivin' wit ya...
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Just wondering paul young or mngundog are you referring to the evil, greedy, conservative CEO's or does your question/comments include all of the ultra-wealthy liberal CEO's as well? I know that's a tough call for liberal thinking individuals since many of the wealthy liberals really don't create many jobs but instead make their money off of the general public!
    EVERY BLESSED ONE OF 'EM. Party affiliation/ political philosophy is a non-factor with me. And wages are just a part of the story. A major portion of their wages are in stock options. They are way overpaid, in my opinion.

They aren't like a small business owner, who has skin in the game. There is virtually no risk for these guys. Many have completely destroyed the businesses they were hired to run profitably. When they do, they get severance bonuses that will exceed most people's LIFETIME EARNINGS and get hired somewhere else or write a book or go on tour giving "motivational lectures". Then the next guy (if the company is still in business) get's the same wage package OR MORE. Middle and low level management and the worker bees are the ones that get screwed to compensate for the loss of sales/revenue caused by really bad decisions at the top management levels and pay for his severance package.

-And they ALL make their money off the general public!-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 02-14-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: clarity
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Jess jivin' wit ya...
    JD, I was trying to look like a cross between The Blues Brothers and Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Gerry I don't know where coachmo is coming up with this stuff, but I was simply stating some facts with no political affiliation involved. CEO pay have increased 20 times while minimum wage has declined about 25% over the same time period. It is an interesting observation when discussing minimum wage, lets try not to turn it into something that is not. If Mo wants to go on a random rant, take it for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    EVERY BLESSED ONE OF 'EM. Party affiliation/ political philosophy is a non-factor with me. And wages are just a part of the story. A major portion of their wages are in stock options. They are way overpaid, in my opinion.

They aren't like a small business owner, who has skin in the game. There is virtually no risk for these guys. Many have completely destroyed the businesses they were hired to run profitably. When they do, they get severance bonuses that will exceed most people's LIFETIME EARNINGS and get hired somewhere else or write a book or go on tour giving "motivational lectures". Then the next guy (if the company is still in business) get's the same wage package OR MORE. Middle and low level management and the worker bees are the ones that get screwed to compensate for the loss of sales/revenue caused by really bad decisions at the top management levels and pay for his severance package.

I knew eventually someone would have to bring up CEO President Obama of the United States of America Corporation into this discussion.

mngundog,
    Since you have no idea where I am coming up with stuff let me explain it for you. There is an underlying theme on RTF that all of the evil, corrupt CEO's are conservatives or Republicans (which is not the same thing) and that record gets played alot on here. Sorry if I wandered off point!

Sorry, I fell off this discussion.....but to answer your question, "how do you post to RTF with no internet"....A: Work

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

Kind of like what Geitner did for the executives of GM? Didn't see any of you left leaning fellers starting a post or commenting on the millions they got from Obama's man while still owing the tax payers billions of dollars. Where is the outrage from the left on this subject?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

As to JDogger and the meaning of my thread....I know that Mr. Nugent is not a fan of the current POTUS, I had read that Mr. Nugent was invited to hear the speech and wondered why he would attend...I am probably wrong but I didn't think there was a question and answer portion of the State of the Union Address. I was just curious if any of you thought Ted would try to ask Barak a question (on gun control, of course). I think it might be interesting the questions Ted might ask or since I have seen prior discussions on here where it didn't seem like Ted was a very popular sort with the RTF crowd I was curious to your thoughts on what the purpose was for Ted to attend the speech. (of course, it is still a free country as of today,) so I guess he can attend if he wants too!

And yes, so far this is not a blocked site at my work place....