The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know if Snowden is a patriot, a criminal, a traitor, or an arrogant jerk

Default I don't know if Snowden is a patriot, a criminal, a traitor, or an arrogant jerk

But here's my suggestion. First we have to get a new President, preferably one that doesn't see the average citizen as a threat to the safety of government hacks. (God, please!)

Then we give Snowden immunity and bring him back here and let him testify. Then we dismantle the NSA... at least the part of it that is directed at domestic surveillance. AND then we tell AT&T, Verison, Sprint etc. they cannot save the metadata or contents of messages once the bill for those contacts is paid.

It is not only the government that keeps metadata. All private and publicly traded companies keep data. For example if you use your credit card to buy anything the store uses the information about your purchases to target sales to you. They sell your purchasing habits to other retailers as well. Then there is Facebook and Twitter who also keep everything.

Knowledge is power and everyone who can; will collect as much data as possible.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

OK. You're right. Here's my fall-back position. Any agency that collects my data for my good... fine. I can choose to use that credit card or not. I don't have to have a computer or the internet (well, yes I do, but you know what I'm saying.) But if a government agency collects data on me without a warrant (or obtains it sans warrant from someone with whom I have a voluntary relationship) that data can NEVER be used in any court or in any kind of prosecution or indictment. I am forever held harmless with regard to that communication, admissions, or behavior. AND, anyone caught snooping sans warrant under color of office, gets sued civilly, paying court costs and awards from their own pockets, not the tax-payers.

Might that restore our 4th Amendment rights just a little?

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Any agency that collects my data for my good... fine.
    I doubt anyone collects data for our good. They collect it for their use and if it is a benefit to us great but the cynic in me suggests that would be an accident not something done on purpose.

I agree we need to restore the 4th amendment. Maybe in 2016 we will get a president that respects and upholds the constitution.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Franco, looks like you have another libertarian on board.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Franco, looks like you have another libertarian on board.
    601409_425718010874580_321777243_n.jpg

One had to know that it was only a matter of time before the government would begin the abuse!

BTW, we can thank Dr Paul for the Libertarian revolt happening within the Repub Party! Though I think the New Jersey Governor will get the nomination for 2016, it will be to difficult for the media to ignore us this time around.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

1006317_423909327722115_1553484814_n.jpg

Last week's terror alert across the mideast; real or made up?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    ! Though I think the New Jersey Governor will get the nomination for 2016.
    I am hoping the Louisina govenor will go for it.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I am hoping the Louisina govenor will go for it.
    I like the WI Governor!!!

is it true that, that dork dog the bounty hunter is going to sneak into russa and hunt down snowden?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin