The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Camp Bastion

Default Camp Bastion

But who will remember the American heroes who came under siege at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan on 9/14/12?

Two heroic U.S. Marines -- Lt. Col. Christopher Raible and Sgt. Bradley Atwell -- perished in the monstrous battle last year, and nearly a dozen others were injured. What happened at Camp Bastion and whether the Obama administration has learned from the deadly incident are timely questions as Washington prepares for war again in a jihadi-infested region.
    http://townhall.com/columnists/miche...ngNewsCarousel

Cpl. William Waterstreet reported on the Purple Heart ceremony at the Yuma, Ariz., Marine Corps Air Station: "When the attack began, there were no friendly forces between the Marines of VMA-211 and the insurgents, so it fell to these Marines to act as the first line of defense for Camp Bastion. ... Raible called on his Marines to take up arms and fight with limited ammunition, without body armor, automatic weapons, grenades or support against an enemy force of unknown size, strength or location in the dead of night; his Marines volunteered immediately."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, as always our men/women in uniform do us proud! For me it is painfully difficult to see how the sacrifices our soldiers have made in Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq (2), Afghanistan and many other actions to numerous to mention,....have been handled by our leadership in Washington DC. Our soldiers have rarely, if ever been beaten in combat. They have consistently served with honor and dignity even when our Government limits them in how they fight and how they defend themselves in battle. They have suffered and died without question, yet our Government turns a blind eye when they return home. Then, worse than that, our leaders in Washington send them back into another war, without a declaration of war, and again limit how they can fight, at the peril of each soldier sent into combat. This has to change! I think if we go to war, we have to Declare War and fight to win....protect our soldiers with every weapon we have! Tell the world if you mess with US, you will pay a dear price, not a limited price, but a dear price!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Gerry, as always our men/women in uniform do us proud! For me it is painfully difficult to see how the sacrifices our soldiers have made in Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq (2), Afghanistan and many other actions to numerous to mention,....have been handled by our leadership in Washington DC. Our soldiers have rarely, if ever been beaten in combat. They have consistently served with honor and dignity even when our Government limits them in how they fight and how they defend themselves in battle. They have suffered and died without question, yet our Government turns a blind eye when they return home. Then, worse than that, our leaders in Washington send them back into another war, without a declaration of war, and again limit how they can fight, at the peril of each soldier sent into combat. This has to change! I think if we go to war, we have to Declare War and fight to win....protect our soldiers with every weapon we have! Tell the world if you mess with US, you will pay a dear price, not a limited price, but a dear price!
    My feelings and my thoughts are pretty much the same as yours. My grandson is a Marine.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    My feelings and my thoughts are pretty much the same as yours. My grandson is a Marine.
    My son served in the Corp too!

IMHO we haven't played to win in a long time. If we are going to get involved then we need to go all the way including making the conquered land a US colony.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Charly_t and GaryJ....give a special thanks to your son's for their service to our country! God Bless the Marines and all they stand for!

Charly_t and GaryJ....give a special thanks to your son's for their service to our country! God Bless the Marines and all they stand for!
    I appreciate that thought. This little guy came into our lives when he was about 3 years old and is very dear to us. He is the only grandson in a lot of grand kids, vbg. 6 grandaughters !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Will do that. Thanks!

The article is written very well for the most part, an attack on an unguarded section of a post is not uncommon expecially in a area like Camp Leatherneck. Well written until this

A new article in GQ magazine this month detailed how the courageous "mechanics and pilots turned defenders and riflemen ... undoubtedly prevented a greater catastrophe."
    Every Marine is a Riflemen first, not a mech, or pilot, or cook. We are trained to be riflemen from Day1 and these Marines who fought back prove that is exactly what we do.

Just a pet peeve of mine just like the words, Former Marine, Ex Marine, etc.

"A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine."

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    The article is written very well for the most part, an attack on an unguarded section of a post is not uncommon expecially in a area like Camp Leatherneck. Well written until this

Every Marine is a Riflemen first, not a mech, or pilot, or cook. We are trained to be riflemen from Day1 and these Marines who fought back prove that is exactly what we do.

Just a pet peeve of mine just like the words, Former Marine, Ex Marine, etc.
    My son was discharged in 2000. He is a baptist minister. About a year ago or so we were at an outing standing around talking with a bunch of guys and the subject of service came up. When asked if he served he told them 'I am a Marine'.