The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IOC ousts wrestling from the Olympics!

Even being a girl, even not understanding wrestling in the least, many of my memories of the Olympics are of wrestling and boxing. I watch the Olympics hoping that they will be as good as they used to be--and then there's no wrestling or boxing coverage--and I'm totally disappointed.

The Olympics have jumped the shark.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Jim Brown was a Lacrosse star at Syracuse
    Thanks, I knew it was a sport that wasn't familiar in our area.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Don't know, but GW played at Yale

http://wesclark.com/rrr/bush_yale.jpg
    I believe he was also a cheerleader correct? How gay is that??

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

HMMMMMMM, interesting.
    Is this a compliment?
    Or is this an insult?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    What's your point?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    But keep syncronized swimming and rythmic gymnastics ? And add Rugby! A sport played in one country.

I wonder what color the sky is in their world
    Wrong. Rugby is played in about every country. I have personally played in Ireland, England, Scottland, and Wales as well as most states around the midwest and down to Florida. There is high school rugby in most areas of Indiana. Rugby is alive and well and will be a great addition to the Olympics!

As a matter of fact I was on my way home from our HRC Upland hunt this past sat and stop in a small town bar. Sat at the bar to order a beer and some food. Looked up at the TV and they were wacthing the USA Rugby Sevens Live from Las Vegas. Great way to cap off my day, talking rugby!

regards from a person that played competitively from 1986-2008
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

I wrestled at the youth, HS, and college level. I've spent 17 years of my adult life coaching HS and club teams. A club team I was a coach on wrestled several international matches against teams from Russia, and a few of the "stans". In 96 we wrestled the Russian junior team (and won) as a prelim to a pre olympic match between the two countries national teams. What a thrill it was for those kids to wrestle in front of their heroes. It was a wrestler Bruce Baumgartner who carried the flag for the american Olympic team that year. I believe he was also named amateur athlete of the year.

Check out the "Keep Wrestling in the Olympics" facebook page. There will be some valuable info on there for anyone interested in helping to keep this sport alive.

P.S. I'm not sure what cheering was like when GWB did it, but hangin out with a bunch of beautiful girls and holding them up in the air doesn't sound like a bad gig to me.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ........

P.S. I'm not sure what cheering was like when GWB did it, but hangin out with a bunch of beautiful girls and holding them up in the air doesn't sound like a bad gig to me.

Mike
    More than one straight young man ( read student ) has done the cheer leading thing because that's where the good looking girls are. Some guys took the home ec. class because all the girls were required to take those classes in my day ( I believe my brother-in-law did that vbg ). Just the brave guys who were secure in their manhood did that though. By the way my brother-in-law did his home ec. class way back in late 30s when that would have not been a cool thing to do. Those KS boys rock.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post

Mike
    Thanks for the laugh I just spit all over my keyboard, its a bad gig when its an all boys academy and its another dude he was holding up in the air.

I once went to a Neil Diamond concert by myself... All my friends thought it was pretty gay but got a few scores off of it! Some were waayyyy more experianced too...