The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westminster

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    AGAIN--when they get to this level they all meet standard and type. You don't get a dog into the BIS that is sub-standard. Sooooooooooo--what is going to catch the judges eye??? The ho-hum prance around the ring "I'm a nice dog." or the "BAADDA-BING HERE I AM WORLD!!!" dog??

JUNK?! --- wow. nice.

I simply asked a couple questions and then gave my opinion... Im not sorry if it offended you or anyone else for that matter. I PERSONALLY happen to dis-like little yappy toy dogs that have no use but to prance around and serve absolutely no purpose TO ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Pretty strange group if you ask me, the people that is.
    That's what made Best In Show such a great movie. It was spot on.

Bert
    Bert Rodgers

OMG! That video was great!

My boyfriend actually commented right away that all of the women had the same stocky build and big calves. I had never noticed. lol
    What you get out of it is what you put into it, then a fat lady sings.
    Marc Broussard

makes me smile.... I swear people are WAY Too serious
    Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    BOdine you should have warned me I was drinking my coffe and nearly choked. It was a great laugh.
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

I really liked the wirehair..but when did they start shaving their necks? Nicely balanced and a good mover. The Foxhound was also nice, as was the Bichon. Cool that the Old English Sheepdog made it all the way to Reserve BIS when it isn't even a CH yet!
    I was appalled at the amount of crooked legged dogs...lots of pigeon toed dogs in the sporting group...the Brittany was one of the worst, the English Setter was crooked too, and the hocks on the Gordon reminded me of the GSDs....so sickle hocked.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Sharon
    Even though the English Setter had a nice side gait , he was very straight ! I watched breed judging and wrote a note about him , he had very little bend and an upright shoulder. Balanced but..... The dog has a BIS ! I was pulling for Swagger what a nice young dog!!
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bird View Post
    I simply asked a couple questions and then gave my opinion... Im not sorry if it offended you or anyone else for that matter. I PERSONALLY happen to dis-like little yappy toy dogs that have no use but to prance around and serve absolutely no purpose TO ME.
    Yappy litle dogs are generally so because their owner failed to train them properly - but little dogs serve a purpose - they provide dog smell when you can no longer deal with a big dog, they provide an early warning system (nothing happens unusual around our property without getting the attention of our little dog) that does not include yapping. When we go to the vet for checkups the comment is "this one is different, it has some manners" & as Nancy said they are cute, have personalities & provide companionship.

Your posting attitude says a lot about you.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I was appalled at the amount of crooked legged dogs...lots of pigeon toed dogs in the sporting group...the Brittany was one of the worst, the English Setter was crooked too, and the hocks on the Gordon reminded me of the GSDs....so sickle hocked.
    My wife and I were watching the replay of last year on Sunday night. We have not shown dogs for over ten years. We were surprised at how poorly moving so many dogs were. It was easy to remember the good moving ones since there were so few. Many dogs looked great stacked up. But, as soon as they started to move they were sidewinding, mincing, etc. It was very easy to see how their structure caused them to have the gait they did.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Wall Street Journal had a story about Labs and Goldens at the show http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
    Vietnam Vet USAFSS 1961-66
    NRA Life Member since 1959
    Member WISILL HRC

The GWP is the #1 dog in the country for ALL breeds, he has right around 90 Best in Shows. And while there is no way you could possibly campaign a dog at that level (he shows 3-5 days a week every week) and do anything else with him, his owners do run hunt tests and field trials with their other GWPs.