The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: RIP Chris Kyle

Default RIP Chris Kyle

I did not know the man, but respect him tremendously. What a warrior, and giant of a man! After all he went through, what a tragic way to go. I spent a week on the beach in Hawaii reading his book. The thing I took away from the book was, "Yeah he is a badass, but family and friends come first!" Props to the State of Texas for honoring him the way they did. Rest in Peace Warrior
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

He was a great warrior and marksman that tried to help fellow vets out when they returned from war.
    HRCH Wood's Rascal MH
    HRCH Wood's Maggie

A true American Hero!

I find it very pathetic and sorry that Obama ordered flags to be lowered to half staff for Whitney Houston who was cracked out and drowned in her own bath water, but would not do the same for our American soldier Chris Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by h20fowler View Post
    A true American Hero!

I find it very pathetic and sorry that Obama ordered flags to be lowered to half staff for Whitney Houston who was cracked out and drowned in her own bath water, but would not do the same for our American soldier Chris Kyle.
    down right a slap in the face to all those that protect this country! I say send his A** to Afghanistan and have our service men and women turn their backs on him like he has to them. What a pathetic example of leadership!
    Jon Couch
    Duck Creek Kennels
    Allegan, MI

http://duckcreekkennels.com

"It's very important to constantly analyze what you are doing and whether your dogs are being good or bad because of what you are doing or in spite of what you are doing." Mike Lardy

I want to get this book, a friend of mine said once he started reading he couldn't put it down. Finished it in a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Couch View Post
    down right a slap in the face to all those that protect this country! I say send his A** to Afghanistan and have our service men and women turn their backs on him like he has to them. What a pathetic example of leadership!
    Couldn't agree more.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by davewolfe View Post
    I want to get this book, a friend of mine said once he started reading he couldn't put it down. Finished it in a weekend.
    My wife is reading it now. She is totally amazed at his story.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

I'm almost done with his book, it is an awesome read. RIP Chris
    Wizardrheas Roxtar MH (Roxie)
    Hibrass' She's Gotcha All Choked Up (Briley) Born 12/14/2013
    Sophie ( Bed Bug Detection Beagle)
    Mariah's Sunshine Tess (3-30-2000 / 8-10-2012) RIP Old Girl

This isn't a social event!!! Get a dog on the line!!

His book was a great read. It highlighted the courage, skill, training of our finest. Chris also did his best to conserve his ammo. One of the best parts of the book was him shooting two IED throwers driving a moped with one bullet.
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.