The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Union Responses

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

One thing for sure, Rubio's speech was much shorter than Obama's, but he said so much more.
    Absolutely, I think washington speech writers need to go to the Reverend Maclean (Norman Maclean's father) writing school, "half as long" rewrite, then "half as long"

Great article today by George Will of the Wasington Post on Calvin Coolidge. Part of it compares his brevity to Obama's penchant for droning on and on. Also, Coolidge was known for cutting govt excess and growing the economy. Again, just the opposite of Obama.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Very good... we could use a man like that now. Problem is, nobody would listen to him.
    Bill Davis

I like Lew Rockwell's newsletters.

Y'all do know that he was partners with Ron Paul writing many of RP's newsletter from Ron's speeches, as well as taking creative liberty to write some under Ron's name. Some of which were in the news as being controversial.

Rockwell also has podcast avialble on his website and has been one of the voices of the Libertarian Party for some time now.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/

This is worth posting again! Carla Howell, you are my kind of woman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhmFXRe5Z68
    Last edited by Franco; 02-14-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Lew's podcasts are great. I have a bit of a drive for work one day each week and always catch up then. They are very informative and educational. Even if you think libertarians are crazy, they are not in your face and actually very optimistic unlike the MSM. If you get a chance, instead of listening to limbaugh for 30 minutes, listen to a rockwell podcast. After to podcast is done you can go back to listening to rush because he will be still talking about the same thing,(yet i still like listening to Rush, he is entertaining).

"Drone on" is a good way to describe Obama's speeches. After four years of this, the cadence, rhythm and content sounds just like "the same ole, same ole." The exception now is that it is more scary because the hollow words of 2009 were only rhetoric that went largely unfulfilled except for the part about more govt control, more spending, more taxation. And even more scary that so many people still worship those words.

He needs some new speechwriters.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    "Drone on" is a good way to describe Obama's speeches. After four years of this, the cadence, rhythm and content sounds just like "the same ole, same ole." The exception now is that it is more scary because the hollow words of 2009 were only rhetoric that went largely unfulfilled except for the part about more govt control, more spending, more taxation. And even more scary that so many people still worship those words.

He needs some new speechwriters.
    http://youtu.be/vowHQwFUHAY
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Yeah i do, just because he is buddyin up with establishment, going to cave on immigration reform, voting record, and not even mentioning the extrajudicial killings of american citizens. Do i like him beter than Obama, absolutely, Romney? absolutely. He is still a fan of big government. Just look at his vote for NDAA 2012 which allowed the indefinite detention of American citizens. He still has some big issues against him in my book. I still think The libertarian party response is the best, (which is in the original post under "limited government with drugs", and in Franco's post)

These guys need to pump their brakes in the media a bit if they want to ge the nomination. I would be looking at grassroots and not getting into the media until 2014. I am always so scared for new politicians to get into the spotlight because the media is licking their chops preparing to rip them to shreds.
    I didn't catch Carla Howell's link on you orginal post because the way you titled it, didn't interest me. I posted it on Facebook and I stopped counting how many times it has been shared! The news media doesn't have the vision to see beyond Blue and Red. That Official Response should have been on all the major news carriers! Her delivery is authoritative, forceful, direct, clear and free of amatuerism.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-14-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson