The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: derby marks....again? help design

Default derby marks....again? help design

so i have permission to run on 3 of these pieces of property. the 4th (round pond) i will ask for after we get done with swim-by. the 5th cow pasture bordered by road i think is going to be off limits because of cattle grazing and i've heard someone has asked before and he flat out said no. still gonna try but i dont think its going to be an option. i wont include distances on it because its in different tracts and fenced off some area.help me think of ways to set up some marks. i will say one thing on the lake sunset property. it is a public fishing lake and although i havent had this happen yet one person did warn me about fishing line/hooks/etc so i'm a bit hesitant to use it. as far as distances. round pond land area is 175x175 including the pond. the small field is 175x125. the lake is 720x500x500. the abandoned airport strip is 1300x150. on my screenshots i've tried to include coordinates so you can see for yourself

Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 6.13.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-03-22 at 6.13.44 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-03-22 at 6.14.19 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-03-22 at 6.14.50 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-03-22 at 6.24.08 PM.jpg

Your screen shot pics don’t show up so well. If you’re using Earth just click on Edit/Copy Image and paste in Paint or something.
    This is where you want to get permission to train. The water and lots of surrounding land is ideal.
    just copy & paste these cords in map.
    34°34'4.57"N, 92°37'32.47"W
    manager of this Golf Course to train for a bit before golfers show up there are some good possibilities here.
    34°36'23.03"N, 92°31'9.54"W
    This place would be kick ass to train on. If you look closely there are several trap shooting stations so that could only be a good thing.
    34°42'35.95"N, 92°30'16.98"W
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Here's something to do at your lake by the freeway.
    Boat marks. I'll fix pic if it doesn't show well enough.
    Boat Marks.jpg
    Last edited by Breck; 03-22-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

the lake has a no boats policy motored or not.

the first link was a place i found awhile back and even asked a question in the past on here about. unfortunately its an abandoned gravel pit and apparently you have to have MSHAW trained to even be on the property.

golf course aint gonna happen because i'd have to get out there at the crack of light which i might could do but i also have an hour commute to work. plus with the heat as bad as it gets here all the old timers tee off at dawn any way.

third link i could prolly do if i can figure out who owns it. the only problem is its 20 minutes away and by the time i get home at 6 grab dog and gear then get out there at 630 walk (no 4wheeler) set up that'd give me time to run a few marks at best. i'm really looking for weekday training places within 5 mins. weekends i've got it covered because i've got this:

field3.jpgpond2.jpgsalempond.jpg

the middle pic is public retriever training grounds operated by the state 45 mins away. the outside 2 a guy i train with on the weekend has permission. but he doesnt have time to train during the week so i cant go out there without him

see if these work for original pics

airport.jpgfield1.jpgfield2.jpglake.jpgpond.jpg
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 03-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.