The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dog blinking memory bird

And yes she does get distracted very easily on the line. If a bird flies or someone makes a noise she will look. That's why I was thinking of mixing up live birds with dead ones on her marks so she doesn't know which one is flier and which one is a dead one. She is very intense with live birds

Quote Originally Posted by cajundogman View Post
    Maybe I took Howard's statement about Internet training the wrong way but I have gotten answers on other questions that that were and I thought he was going there. I don't need help that's bad so maybe I jumped the gun. Shell shocked!!thanks for all y'all input to my problem being that I'm not a pro trainer just a guy trying to have fun with my dog. Ill try to explain my problems a little better next time. Howard I have used some of your answers in the past so thanks.
    Not your fault, it's just the nature of the internet and the complexities of dog training. This is the main reason I rarely post training advise. Number one it takes years of experience and having good dog sense in order to read a dog, #2, it is almost impossible to do so over the internet. No offence, but if you were able to read your dog at a high level you probably would be answering the question, not asking it. That said, I believe this has been one of the better threads in that regard. It used to drive me nuts when people with just enough experience to get in trouble would answer a training question with a training tip as if it were black and white gospel, when by reading the dog differently that advise could ruin the dog. The thoughts and ideas you have recieved have all been thoughtful and correct, it is up to you to try and read what is motovating your dog's behavor and act accordingly.

John
    Last edited by John Robinson; 02-15-2013 at 06:07 PM.

make sure you actually have a problem before you attempt to correct it, or you may find yourself with a bigger problem.
    good luck
    GG
    NO DOG WILL PERFORM TO HIS TRAINING LEVEL UNLESS HIS HANDLER IS CAPABLE OF MAKING HIM DO SO!
    reibar.com

Cajun, Howard is the least smart alec person on RTF. One way you could help is do a video of the dog doing the headswing or whatever. Then everyone could see the issue and give you better help, maybe. At least everyone would be on the same page as to what the problem is.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"