The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Understand

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Our corrupt national media is a results of our corrupt two Parties. The current media thrives on tidbits leaked by Party pidgeons. It is all a part of the two Party monopoly controlling the media. The Dems and Repubs don't want other voices being heard and the media is too blind to see beyond Blue and Red.

Don't like the media's agenda? Then quit supporting it! Don't like the direction of the Country? Then quit supporting the two Political Parties that have placed us in this situation! Want more of the same? Then continue supporting the same!
    Franco - it's pigeons, no D - if you want D you do Widgeons or watch LSU . & who says we're supporting anyone, other than the best available candidate .

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The problem is lazy journalism. A lot of the crap coming down is generated by reams of press releases generated in the boiler rooms of the parties and well healed lobbyists.
    Agree - BTW Doctor's heal, lobbyist are well heeled

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Let me guess, Dr Ron Paul is the ONLY man that has a plan to un-corrupt the media????
    In case you have missed it, Dr Paul has retired.

And, if you would watch something else other than Fox, you would know of the numerous complaints against the one-sided media.

I find it interesting that the people like you who complain the most are the least willing to change thier media habits and continue to support the status quo.

Nothing will change unless the people are willing to open their eyes!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

Agree - BTW Doctor's heal, lobbyist are well heeled
    Thanks, Marv. Fixed it.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The problem is lazy journalism. A lot of the crap coming down is generated by reams of press releases generated in the boiler rooms of the parties and well heeled lobbyists.
    Not really. News outlets target audiences and feed them all they WANT to hear and see. Fox targets Neoconservatives, MSNBC the Liberals. NBC, CBS and ABC target whom they think is the largest audience segment. CNBC and Bloomberg target those interested in Financial News etc. They all want their niche.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Rubio drinking water like that during a national speech, shows that he is not yet polished enough to run a national campaign. It is a huge favor to him to show what a small mistake can cost him once his presidential bid gets started. I bet you it will not happen again, unless he carefully coreographs it into one of his debates. I think everyone knows he is running, he better buckle down and take it seriously if he wants to win.

CNBC and Bloomberg target those interested in Financial News etc. They all want their niche.
    Franco - I have never watched BB - I find their founder about the most repulsive nag I have ever heard of .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Rubio drinking water like that during a national speech, shows that he is not yet polished enough to run a national campaign. It is a huge favor to him to show what a small mistake can cost him once his presidential bid gets started. I bet you it will not happen again, unless he carefully coreographs it into one of his debates. I think everyone knows he is running, he better buckle down and take it seriously if he wants to win.
    Though the context of his speech was well written, his delivery was piss-poor. He showed that he is not ready for Primetime. If he needed a sip of water he could have done so without looking like a 5 year old. If the GOP thinks Rubio is going to help deliver the Hispanic vote, they are wrong!

Marv, the goood thing about Bloomberg TV is that don't allow Mayor B on the channel!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.

In case you have missed it, Dr Paul has retired.
    I did indeed miss that, due to relevance and activity not having changed!
    And, if you would watch something else other than Fox, you would know of the numerous complaints against the one-sided media.

I find it interesting that the people like you who complain the most are the least willing to change thier media habits and continue to support the status quo.
    What precisely are my "media habits" and when did I express an unwillingness to change them?
    Nothing will change unless the people are willing to open their eyes!
    Maybe it is you who needs to broaden your views????
    Stan b & Elvis

Though the context of his speech was well written, his delivery was piss-poor. He showed that he is not ready for Primetime. If he needed a sip of water he could have done so without looking like a 5 year old. If the GOP thinks Rubio is going to help deliver the Hispanic vote, they are wrong!

Marv, the goood thing about Bloomberg TV is that don't allow Mayor B on the channel!
    Perception being what it is in this country it is very difficult to get a politicain elected if he is not a polished speaker..........but isn't it about time we started judging the man by his thoughts and actions instead of his polish, looks and acting ? Enough people in this country voted for the "picture" not the man in the last two presidential elections and look what we got. I do understand what you are saying but somebody needs to shout this out to our kids, grandkids etc. This country makes fun of anyone for anything that they see as being "different" about that person. And if you don't look good you have no value nor are you respected. Just my view.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

So now we gage the worthiness of a Presidential candidate on if, when, or how he wets his whistle?????!!!!!!

If this is actually criteria that is given weight by voters, we are truly doomed ..........

Thanks for starting this thread, Stan. It's been eye opening now that I understand what the fuss is about.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.