The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Understand

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Though the context of his speech was well written, his delivery was piss-poor. He showed that he is not ready for Primetime. If he needed a sip of water he could have done so without looking like a 5 year old. If the GOP thinks Rubio is going to help deliver the Hispanic vote, they are wrong!
    Could you expound on this please?????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    So now we gage the worthiness of a Presidential candidate on if, when, or how he wets his whistle?????!!!!!!

If this is actually criteria that is given weight by voters, we are truly doomed ..........

Thanks for starting this thread, Stan. It's been eye opening now that I understand what the fuss is about.-Paul
    Paul, watch the movie "Idiocracy."

It will make you laugh and cry.
    We are there....NOW!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm not concerned with Rubio's speaking abilities. Obama has proven how well using a telepromter works. You can say anything, just look good doing it, and the mass of people will believe you.

the guy took a drink of water. BFD!
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Perception being what it is in this country it is very difficult to get a politicain elected if he is not a polished speaker..........but isn't it about time we started judging the man by his thoughts and actions instead of his polish, looks and acting ? Enough people in this country voted for the "picture" not the man in the last two presidential elections and look what we got. I do understand what you are saying but somebody needs to shout this out to our kids, grandkids etc. This country makes fun of anyone for anything that they see as being "different" about that person. And if you don't look good you have no value nor are you respected. Just my view.
    I've stated on here several times that I'd rather substance over appearence. Look at what a lack of substance and a great appearence got the GOP in the last Presidential election.

I'm not convinced that either the Dems or Repubs or the vast majority of the media and voters care about substance. If they did, we wouldn't have the government we have nor the media we have. Today, politics and media is ALL showbiz, very little substance.

Just look at where the media consumption is. The Bachelor has almost 500 times as many viewers than National Geographic TV. Broadcast News on CBS, ABC and NBC are down. Cable News which is niche compared to broadacst is losing audience. Fox and CNN are way down in the ratings. MSNBC doesn't have an audience to lose, that is how poorly they are doing. We've become a nation of garbage consumers when it comes to TV and News.

TV Programmers refuse to give a real fair and balanced report because they say that their research shows that they need to identify a segemnt and cater to that segment. CNN is going through a major realignment. They are bring in new host and supposedly will move towards the center, whatever that is. It will be interesting to see if they keep Blitzer and the gal that does the monrings, who is very left.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Wow! A Man takes a drink of water and that makes Him a sure loser for President! You cant make this stuff up! But a well polished slick community organizer? Now theres a great President. Only in America.A once Great Nation, but will prevail despite the destruction being perpatrated by our great President!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Could you expound on this please?????
    Poll after poll shows that the current Hispanic citizens are NOT concerned with immigration. They are more concerned with Healthcare followed by jobs/economy.

Second, ask any Mexican or Central American what they think of Cubans. If they give you an honest answer, it won't be good. The Cubans have a superiority complex over Mexicans and S Ams and it has caused a lot of animosity among them.

Third, Rubio is NOT ready and he has admitted so. The GOP right now is desperate to change their image and find new faces. They know that when the only demographic they win in is white men over 55 years of age and the Christian Right, that they are in trouble.

Rubio is a likable guy but he looked like a ranked amateur on TV the other night! Instead of scoring some points with people that are undecided, he squandered the opportunity. Obama's SOTU was lackluster and Rubio was even more lackluster. Better than Jindal but that is hardley any consolation.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

So now we gage the worthiness of a Presidential candidate on if, when, or how he wets his whistle?????!!!!!!

If this is actually criteria that is given weight by voters, we are truly doomed ..........

Thanks for starting this thread, Stan. It's been eye opening now that I understand what the fuss is about.-Paul
    Agree X2 .....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Poll after poll shows that the current Hispanic citizens are NOT concerned with immigration. They are more concerned with Healthcare followed by jobs/economy.

Of course they arent concerned with immigration, because as citizens it no longer applies to them

Second, ask any Mexican or Central American what they think of Cubans. If they give you an honest answer, it won't be good. The Cubans have a superiority complex over Mexicans and S Ams and it has caused a lot of animosity among them.

Maybe because the Cuban culture doesnt see themselves as having to sneak across the border to work in the fields or other third rate jobs..You are right though that a rift does exist among ALL, Latin American cultures...just try calling someone from El Salvador a Hispanic and they will give you an earful

Third, Rubio is NOT ready and he has admitted so. The GOP right now is desperate to change their image and find new faces. They know that when the only demographic they win in is white men over 55 years of age and the Christian Right, that they are in trouble.

If Rubio isnt ready then neither is Rand Paul,they both came in with the same voting class, but Rubio had some prior State government experience, whereas Rand Paul was a practicing opthamologist...so I dont think that hold water

Rubio is a likable guy
    and that right there is what gets people elected in the pop culture media driven world
    but he looked like a ranked amateur on TV the other night! Instead of scoring some points with people that are undecided, he squandered the opportunity. Obama's SOTU was lackluster and Rubio was even more lackluster. Better than Jindal but that is hardley any consolation.

my responses.........
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think you are missing the point.

It is about bring one's A game when the challenge arises. Especially, when the other party creates an opening for someone to shine on that night! Wiping sweat from one's temples a couple of times, a nervous voice and the water incident is not exactly a great delivery!

I think the reason that all news programs are lacking in audience is because so many people now get the news from websites. That can lead to snips and soundbites. What I do like about websites is that you can also follow other links to get more background on a topic.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.