The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Bankrupting America

Default Bankrupting America

Does anyone really think that either the Dems or Repubs are interested in eliminating the deficit or balancing the budget?

The Sequester was an idea from te White House to get what they wanted when the deal was made. Now, even the Repubs don't want it to go through because of defense contractor lobbyist. Not that it would eliminated the Deficit but, it would be a start.

Ryan's proposed budget would take the Deficit over 22 trillion over the enxt few years so the repubs are as bad as the Dems when it comes to wasting the people's money!

Government will ony get bigger and bigger until the people are willing to stop it!

The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

The first thing to realize is they are not actually talking about Cuts, even Ryan. What they are talking about is not spending as much money in the future that they have not even agreed to spend yet. To me it is the same idea as using a coupon to get an item you do not need for .50 off, you save .50 which is not true you spent 1.49 there was only a percieved savings you still spent money. Cutting 22Trillion over 20 years is really just not spending as much as you could have someday in the future, this is not a cut. On top of that the budget would still change every year and not stick to what was proposed. Plus increases in mandatory spending take a majority of the budget and with those costs rising we will never be solvent.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Obama says that his spending proposals are "already paid for." Paid for with what? Fairy dust and unicorns?

Cost of the Obama’s State of the Union Address? http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...ss-834-billion$83.4 billion

Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

I watched a program on The History Channel a few weeks ago and have been concerned over one line that was said. It had something to do with the Presidents and their election and moving into the White House (sorry I can't remember the title) but any way a top level official was being interviewed and basically said "the person running for office promises the voters this and that (tax cuts, reduced spending, and major changes) and when he takes office the first day he has a meeting with top level officials and we tell him what he can and can't do because of prior agreements from prior presidents" ( or something of that nature ). As with all T.V. I took it with a grain of salt not knowing if it was factual but the question still remains who is running the country and if these people are telling the POTUS what he can or can't do how can anybody possibly change the issues facing the nation. It wasn't aimed at a certain party or president just a basic overview of what takes place maybe I misinterpreted it but that's what it sounded like to me!
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

I really do, honestly believe that both parties want to fix everything. Thier own way, with no compromises or consideration for anyone else. So as soon as one side or the other completely abandons everything they believe in, we can then have real and lasting change.