The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: I wanna GO!!!!

Default I wanna GO!!!!

I wanna GO!!!!

I can't go anywhere near my truck without Sam thinking he's going to go with me, but unfortunately he's not ready to hunt quite yet.

Loading up today to go snow goose hunting tomorrow and man did he ever get excited. I got a few things loaded and realized I'd forgotten something. I called him to come with me back in the house to get it and he just sat there. So I left him and went in....5 minutes later I come out and he's still sitting there patiently waiting. Normally he won't leave my side....heck he even ignored the neighbors dog because he wanted to stay in the truck.

How is the snow goose hunting up that way? Been a little slow in SEMO. Alot of birds just high flyers down here.

A week ago there were a LOT of birds up here feeding daily in cut corn fields. Birds were using the Mississippi River Bottoms and several fields along HWY 36 between Hannibal and Macon. As of right now they're gone.....I'm going to west central MO to hunt tomorrow.

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

There has been a good amount up here in Maryville, we put down 21 in one flock yesterday. However they may have moved south with this cold front. I know this because they woke me up at five flying by my window! I had class and work today but driving around after I didn't see nearly as many as I had been. This is my first year hunting snow geese and it has already been a blast. Cant wait for more!
    Last edited by youngblood; 02-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Mine loves being copilot. He goes to work with me most of the time.

I had a little yellow female, that love to ride in back seat or my truck. She would get in back seat and fall asleep before you could make it a mile. I was aways afraid that she would get in my truck in summer. I wouldn't see her, shut the door and cook her. She was a great traveling buddy.

already know that hunting stuff means lots of fun and hasnt even been hunting.