The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Much of a Coincidence for Me - Gun Control and Events Surrounding

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Default Too Much of a Coincidence for Me - Gun Control and Events Surrounding

I would like for the main contributors to this particular portion of this forum to chime in as well to get their take on it, but here is mine...

Just the most recent ones, not Gabby and not Fast and Furious (both of which have had an impact on current gun control legislation).

1. Aurora, Colorado
    2. Sandy Hook
    3. Chris Kyle (An ignored and forgotten American Hero)
    4. Chris Dorner (A Media Hero)

I have firm convictions all of these incidents were all staged, perhaps not all of those involved were a part of the "staged" act, but I have a feeling the government is behind this. I have a major distrust with the current regime and have no reason to think they are above these actions.

Please cite some evidence. Your "feelings" are very lefty...JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

It is crazy talk. Bad things happen. I do not like how these actual events are being used to justify restricting freedoms in this country, but to suggest that they are made up is a bridge to far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadRetrievers View Post
    I would like for the main contributors to this particular portion of this forum to chime in as well to get their take on it, but here is mine...

Just the most recent ones, not Gabby and not Fast and Furious (both of which have had an impact on current gun control legislation).

1. Aurora, Colorado
    2. Sandy Hook
    3. Chris Kyle (An ignored and forgotten American Hero)
    4. Chris Dorner (A Media Hero)

I have firm convictions all of these incidents were all staged, perhaps not all of those involved were a part of the "staged" act, but I have a feeling the government is behind this. I have a major distrust with the current regime and have no reason to think they are above these actions.
    Staged no, but as far as Sandy Hook goes ( I'm from the area) They are playing games with facts and they won't discuss the fact that everyone knew the shooter was crazy and should have been locked up years ago.
    But no, we can't discuss that the state closed down Fairfield Hills ( where he belonged and would have only been minutes from mom) Gotta let the nuts run loose. They refuse to release any medical records claiming they are protected in CT even in death. That to me says it all. Heck the building( church that is not a church) they showed on the news all the time by the flagpole is where I got married.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Some kind of a conspiracy? No. The anti-gun forces and their fellow travelers in the news media, however have kept banging the drum and are using these rare occurrences to best advantage.

I have never heard a definitive report on what weapon was actually involved at Sandyhook. Coroner says rifle, witnesses say rifle was still in trunk. That could be a cover up to suit the agenda.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-16-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I believe it was the "RahmFather" that once said "never let a catastrophe go to waste".And im paraphrasing here but with quotations?But I dont think anything was staged per say! Just taking advantage of a terrible thing.Which in itself is despicable!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Some kind of a conspiracy? No. The anti-gun forces and their fellow travelers in the news media have, however have kept banging the drum and are using these rare occurrences to best advantage.

I have never heard a definitive report on what weapon was actually involved at Sandyhook. Coroner says rifle, witnesses say rifle was still in trunk. That could be a cover up to suit the agenda.
    He used the rifle. That is not really the point. The guy was crazy and wasn't locked up. He should have been tossed in Fairfield Hills had it not been closed and then somehow lost in the tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    ...But no, we can't discuss that the state closed down Fairfield Hills ( where he belonged and would have only been minutes from mom) Gotta let the nuts run loose.
    [soapbox mode on]

The closure on mental health facilities is happening all over the country. I retired from the state mental health agency in Alabama in 2010. Since I retired, 2 (of 5) mental illness facilities have closed. These 2 served about 600 residents. Within the next 12 months, a third will downsize from about 400 residents to about 200. Within the past 10 years, 2 other facilities have closed serving about 250 residents including the only facility for youth. Also within the past 10 years, all the centers for residents with mental retardation have closed!

These closures are because of two forces that feed off each other. First, there is a move to put residents in the community rather than to isolate them in large facilities. This is a result of pressure by parents and advocates. Second, these facilities need huge capital outlays to maintain and in our case, it was easier to accede to the forces that seek closure than to try to get money to repair them. For example, one of our facilities needed almost 10 million in repairs to the mechanical and electrical systems. Making these repairs would have saved almost $20 million over 20 years but somebody felt it was less expensive just to close the facility. (I had a project worked out that would have paid for the repairs out of the utility savings the repairs would generate.)

Closure of both mental retardation and mental illness facilities is also a hot button within the Federal Ct system. Thus, we closed the mental retardation beds to suit the advocates but there aren't sufficient beds in the community to accept all the people who need them. These folks are living at home, many of them in terrible conditions, program-wise, as opposed living to the mental retardation centers.

What I did was manage the land assets of the agency. We had about 15,000 acres of land all over the state. I worked to keep the land as an income stream that was used for major repairs .... roofs, boilers, elevators, etc. I used to claim to be the only profit center in the entire agency as we had income of over $1 million a year from our land....farm leases, commercial leases, hunting leases, oil-gas drilling rights and leases, etc. Since my retirement, the Dept has sold hundreds of acres of land and used the money for operating expenses. So, where we had an assured income for repairs, now the source of the income is gone and the money was spent in one budget cycle.

In short, the mental health system in this country just can't accommodate folks like the Sandy Hook shooter because the system has deteriorated so badly that it just can't be fixed without huge sums of money that just aren't available. The state facilities have deteriorated so badly because of legislative neglect that they're cheaper to close that to operate. Instead, the money is going to prisons...and so are large numbers of the people the mental health system used to serve.

[soapbox mode off]
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    He used the rifle. That is not really the point. The guy was crazy and wasn't locked up. He should have been tossed in Fairfield Hills had it not been closed and then somehow lost in the tunnels.

Where did you read that (bolded) and when? Certainly the public should have been protected from this wacko, but the weapon is actually an important part of the story as it was his weapon that is driving much of the call for weapon bans.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-16-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

[QUOTE=Eric Johnson;1069630][soapbox mode on]

The Sandy hook shooter does not fit the we do not have the money crap. HIs parents were very well off as his father was a GE exec. He was crazy and should have been sent to the nut house. The questions are
    Why not locked up.
    Dad knew he was messed up but could not do anything ( mom got full custody)
    WHY zero media attention about his life just ban weapons???
    why cant we see his medical records????
    Why is a gunthe issue rather than his medical issues?????
    Screw the gun give me the medical records end of story!!!!!