The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Bauer

Default Eddie Bauer

I came across this article today. I did not know this. http://pulse.me/s/ivP2V
    Vesal Tirgari DM/IST
    The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    "Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce," E. Donnall Thomas Jr.

Funny. I was doing some pedigree browsing about Air Express and stumbled on Eddie Bauer tonight as well.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Gonia trained the Eddie Bauer dogs. I was up there at about the end of the Eddie Bauer era in the dog world.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by vtirgari View Post
    I came across this article today. I did not know this. http://pulse.me/s/ivP2V

That is interesting and like you, I did not know this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Gonia trained the Eddie Bauer dogs. I was up there at about the end of the Eddie Bauer era in the dog world.

Wayne,
    I was up at Mchord in the late 60's early 70's. I spent a lot of time at Roy's. Charlie Hill was running Dandy around that time if my poor memory serves. I had a dog named Toni's Blaine Child that I bought from Roy. Jimmy used to throw birds occasionally when you could drag him away from the cars.
    Robert Milner
    www.DuckhillKennels.com

"When he stood up to speak, battalions of words issued forth from his mouth and scoured the countryside in search of an idea, and when they found one, they swiftly and thoroughly beat it to death." ---- -Anonymous

Thanks for sharing the story. In the article it mentions:
    The offspring of Bauer’s dog, Dart of Netley Creek, accumulated the most points in the 1974 Open and Amateur All Age Competition.
    • Dart’s mating with Super Chief, which was owned by Louise and August Belmont (yes, those Belmonts, of Belmont Raceway), has produced some of the top Lab lines of all time – many of which are still evident today.

Dart was a Canadian Dual CH who was bred to Super Chief, as someone mentioned & produced great off spring. One from the breeding was Paha Sapa Greta who was the dam of the great FC AFC Ironwood Tarnation (Canadian). My three dogs have him in his pedigree.

Interesting he named his first dog Blackie. Good name!!
    Great info Thanks.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

A side note, the author is also a member of RTF under an alias. Brian's blog articles are well written and cover a wide range of dog care, use and purpose. Plus he's a dedicated father, committed retrieverite and most specially a good guy. HPW
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Quote Originally Posted by rmilner View Post
    Wayne,
    I was up at Mchord in the late 60's early 70's. I spent a lot of time at Roy's. Charlie Hill was running Dandy around that time if my poor memory serves. I had a dog named Toni's Blaine Child that I bought from Roy. Jimmy used to throw birds occasionally when you could drag him away from the cars.
    It's still hard too drag jimmy away from the cars )))--
    Eddie Bauer the company sent a puppy a couple years ago to Gonia to train. They named the puppy Eddie. His handler "Cam" from Eddie Bauer told me Eddie wasn't always in training because of his obligations flying on the company jet doing photo shoots with super models all over the country. I think Cam ran him in some hunt tests and hunts him also

I am not new to dogs, but new to the retriever game. I have a two year old black lab with a junior AKC title and a NAHRA started. We have hunted two seasons now and he is a retrieving machine. I have learned the past few years while in this sport that there are a lot of real great dogs from various bloodlines. It's amazing to me to see some of the lineage. Some of you guys spit out names of dogs and bloodlines like sports stars. Pretty cool... You have Michael Jordan's of the dog world in the field trial and hunt test worlds. I have had a chance to see some really amazing dogs run. It's awesome to see them perform there jobs so well. I had no idea...
    Vesal Tirgari DM/IST
    The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    "Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce," E. Donnall Thomas Jr.

I always thought Charles Hill was Eddie Bauer, from the pictures I saw of him and even seeing him in person if he wasnt the inspiration behind the Eddie Bauer line of clothing, he was their best customer..When the Eddie Bauer stores were still in existence I always chuckled that one could purchase a Roy Gonia whistle among all the other outdoor gadgets
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"