The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Bauer

That trophy is awe inspiring. There isn't any room for more engraving or plaques

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    After the business was sold they started making clothing for city people who wanted to look like they were outdoor types.
    Spiegel's - famous for junk!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    When any of those catalogs quit selling hunting gear, I throw them away. Same with Eddie Bauer.

Relating to the OP... The Northwest Retriever Club has been awarding a revolving trophy to the winner of their Spring Open for many years(50 or more). It reads like a a Who's Who of Field Trials. Many of the famous old time handlers and dogs on that trophy including Eddie Bauer.......(and some not so famous... like yours truly)
    The Q trophy has some fairly famous names on it also! Lots of history with the NWRC . A PITA collecting the trophies to move on to the next winner!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    That trophy is awe inspiring. There isn't any room for more engraving or plaques
    Just add another level to the base.
    Bill Davis

That's neat, Bill Davis! Bet you have a photo or two of that thing on your mantle.
    Last edited by Jennifer Henion; 02-17-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

When any of those catalogs quit selling hunting gear, I throw them away. Same with Eddie Bauer.

Relating to the OP... The Northwest Retriever Club has been awarding a revolving trophy to the winner of their Spring Open for many years(50 or more). It reads like a a Who's Who of Field Trials. Many of the famous old time handlers and dogs on that trophy including Eddie Bauer.......(and some not so famous... like yours truly)
    Congratulations, that is something to be very proud of.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Bill - Eddie Bauer never handled a dog in a trial, he was an owner only.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    That's neat, Bill Davis! Bet you have a photo or two of that thing on your mantle.
    I would love to see it. Trophies that are passed to the next years winners are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Well, it's not the best one we took, but it's the best I could find. The rest are still packed from our move 5 years ago!

FC AFC Northwind Gale Force (Liddy) with the NWRC Spring Open revolving trophy. (can't remember if there is a memorial name on it. The trophy must be 60 years old now) I was very excited to win that Open and get the chance to add my name, along with co-owner Mark Akkola's name and Liddy's as well. That trophy is like reading a history book of the game. Nice to be a (very) small part of it.

Bill Davis

Well, it's not the best one we took, but it's the best I could find. The rest are still packed from our move 5 years ago!

FC AFC Northwind Gale Force (Liddy) with the NWRC Spring Open revolving trophy. (can't remember if there is a memorial name on it. The trophy must be 60 years old now) I was very excited to win that Open and get the chance to add my name, along with co-owner Mark Akkola's name and Liddy's as well. That trophy is like reading a history book of the game. Nice to be a (very) small part of it.

Thanks for sharing Bill that is great. Being a part of the history of the game is a wonderful accomplishment. Knowing that generations to come will see that you and your dog are on that trophy is NOT a small part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Thanks for sharing Bill that is great. Being a part of the history of the game is a wonderful accomplishment. Knowing that generations to come will see that you and your dog are on that trophy is NOT a small part of it.
    Yes, x2! Really cool!