The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AKC HT Scenario, Position for Sending on a Blind

No, Ken.

I was running Daisy at the time, so you know how long ago that was! LOL!!! But the guy from Georgia DID judge at LCRC. Hint, hint. I was supposed to judge with him but you guys got buried in entries so they split us up.

That particular test in NH finished up with a water quad and double water blind. Everyone that passed that weekend earned it!-pAUL
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    .....Hey, Ken....taking that step with B... , "stepping up" on the dog, to give them a push out there like on a long punch bird in a marking situation and it does give them a good push as you say.

Someone said..."I saw you step up on him"..not too long ago when sending on a mark. My dog was taking just a little longer than usual locating that long memory bird, so when he settled in on the location, .."good", Sebec/step.. I was ok with it but evidently it was not approved of. Whatever..this was in training, if it helps with success and confidence, it works for me. If I had to, I would step up in a trial as well. Knowing that standing still..is important......
    Judy
    Yes, it is. Funny, as handlers we step to the side all the time. Mike Lardy's "micro-step" as example. Seems a hundred years ago I was told not to "hug" the line. In case I needed to "step up"
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin