The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How to ask, what can you Do about limited mental ability

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I feel like you do about this. It bothers me that people and companies are willing to "use" those with problems.

On another note one of the clerks in Lowes home improvement store told me that Lowes sometimes gives discounts on large ticket items to the handicapped people. And I loved the washing machine we were were buying for the grandaughter........you can not turn the knob(s) the wrong way. Wonderfull for a retarded person.
    by using them do you mean giving them an opportunity to feel productive is wrong?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    by using them do you mean giving them an opportunity to feel productive is wrong?
    No, I do not mean those companies etc. who hire them out of the goodness of their heart. I'm talking about the companies etc. who hire the handicapped to get the tax credits or whatever it is called. I'm guessing that that little perk is still available to whoever hires them. If you were deeply involved in the life of a handicapped person you would know of their hurt feelings etc. when their employer/boss expects more of them and demands it when they don't have the brains to get it right. I have always considered you to be a 'good guy' but my faith in you is wavering.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~