The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to ask, what can you Do about limited mental ability

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    he had the milk of human kindness in his soul.
    Surely you aren't implying that our own dear sweet Luvvy might not have that same quality??

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Surely you aren't implying that our own dear sweet Luvvy might not have that same quality??
    I hope she has the mental acuity to consider it......
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Hopefully we can have some more warm fuzzys on potus.

Ken,

Thank you for your post. .
    Your Welcome Tim,
    Luv, I just voted on this thread and I chose 1 star.
    'cause that is a low as I am able to vote with the rtf thread rate tool.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Well this thread has went a different direction than I would have thought it would. I guess we should have made it plain who we were talking about...........those who are not dangerous and those who are. And where each one could fit in.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Hopefully we can have some more warm fuzzys on potus.
    Sometimes as we get older we realize the warm and fuzzys are something to be cherished, they are real. I have no problem calling BS on here nor being called BS.

I feel for the person trying to make it sacking groceries when he is at such a mental disadvantage. Not all of us are blessed with above average intelligence. As a matter of fact I heard somewhere that half of us were born with below average intelligence. Of course its math and I'm not very good at math.

I hope that you and your family are blessed on the top half and never get to experience the other half.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Sometimes as we get older we realize the warm and fuzzys are something to be cherished, they are real. I have no problem calling BS on here nor being called BS.

I feel for the person trying to make it sacking groceries when he is at such a mental disadvantage. Not all of us are blessed with above average intelligence. As a matter of fact I heard somewhere that half of us were born with below average intelligence. Of course its math and I'm not very good at math.

I hope that you and your family are blessed on the top half and never get to experience the other half.
    I'll tell you right now that for those of us in the top 5% dealing with those (not calling any names here) in the other 95% can really be a daily trial!! (took me into my 40's to realize that frequently, stupid just can't help it).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

On the Bell Curve by profession - Scientists, Doctors, Engineers & Lawyers come from the top 15% of the IQ world - Teachers (K-12) in general come from the lower 25% - Businessmen are in the middle of those two .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    On the Bell Curve by profession - Scientists, Doctors, Engineers & Lawyers come from the top 15% of the IQ world - Teachers (K-12) in general come from the lower 25% - Businessmen are in the middle of those two .
    I can't believe that teachers are in the lower 25%. I had quite a few good teachers, my mom was a teacher and had a MENSA qualifying GRE score (putting her in the top 2%) and let's face it, anyone below the mid point is pretty much dumb as a stick.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I can't believe that teachers are in the lower 25%. I had quite a few good teachers, my mom was a teacher and had a MENSA qualifying GRE score (putting her in the top 2%) and let's face it, anyone below the mid point is pretty much dumb as a stick.
    The source of the numbers, Thomas Sowell & George Will, both of whom quoted a source for those findings. Regardless of individuals it is a group thingy. Sort of like, my congressman is OK but you need to vote yours out of office .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!