The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How to ask, what can you Do about limited mental ability

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    you sure? baggers go on price checks. "Billy, get the price on chopped nuts"

Yeah, no price check, I worked that gig years ago.

back at his post, sounds like a good worker eggs in the bottom???

funny how the shopping carts do not bring themself inside, "they" get scent out in the crap more often than Molly the Mall Goddess working the expres check out. shagging strays was fun, you get the darn carts not hang out waiting for a cart when there are a ton you can take inside.

so often you gripe about those lazy slobs livin' on the dole and squeezin' out kids to stay in the country. and here this kid is WORKING! Doing his best to pull his weight and not live off of society. Even though, from no fault of his own, he is a bit behind the rest of the pack. and you gripe about him as well? Learn his name, shake his hand, say hello, engage in conversation. Fear not, you can not "Catch" what ails him.
    Gosh girl you are a puzzle to me at times!
    I worked grocery retail and this guy is not helping anything. If you get stuck and he is suddenly bagging your groceries add on time. I am despite my postings generally very tolerant. I just try to avoid him and until the other day it was nothing more than no eggs on the bottom and let me do it so I can get out of here. Always been that way because of aving the job years ago.
    While his actions give me the creeps, so be it. BUT both my 70 something MIL who freeks over nothing and my 70 something assistant ob class instructor shop there on a regular basis I worry about both of them.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Ken,

Thank you for your post. I have avoided this thread because it made me so angry that I was afraid of what I would post. I have decided to post my personal experience.

Several years ago before I moved back to my hometown I shopped at a local grocery store that employed a challenged employee. He always made me a little uneasy but mainly it was my fault because he wasn't like me. The first time he carried my groceries out I gave him a small tip. He was in disbelief that someone would do that for him. It made me feel bad that I felt uneasy in the first place for such a kind and genuine human being.

The next time I went to the store he switched with the high school bagger to bag my groceries. I thought well I guess he wants the tip. We got out to my truck and I pulled out my money and he refused to take it and gave me a hug. I cried on the way home for being such a sad cynical person to doubt his intentions.

I miss the hug I used to get when I shopped there........he had the milk of human kindness in his soul.
    I don't mind if the thread makes some people mad. Magic and I go to situations every week with people that most people would not handle. Maybe I should have stated that. WE visit people with dementia every week. I am used to the slightly different issues and yet I get a bad feeling if ya know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I don't mind if the thread makes some people mad. Magic and I go to situations every week with people that most people would not handle. Maybe I should have stated that. WE visit people with dementia every week. I am used to the slightly different issues and yet I get a bad feeling if ya know what I mean.
    Yes, and you are the only one in your shoes...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I know what you mean. My retarded grandaughter feels this way about some of the others who are retarded etc. She avoids some of them whenever she can.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Yes, and you are the only one in your shoes...
    OK I get your message. Stop working Magic and I won't be freeked by this guy?????
    I only stated that he does what he does because gee he creeps me but Magic can get bopped on the head on a regular basis butt?????
    I am used to situtions and deal with them on a daily basis but Im getting freeked out by this guy. This is not a patient. This is a person working in the gorcery store. If it were at any of the places I take Magic we would just stop going (although that does not solve the problem).
    Maybe people should have said something about odd behavior and then maybe 20 kids would still be alive.

I have thought and thought and thought about this question "What can you Do about limited mental ability". I woke up in the middle of the night and it had come to me...............Put em on ignore!
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I have thought and thought and thought about this question "What can you Do about limited mental ability". I woke up in the middle of the night and it had come to me...............Put em on ignore!
    That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

There are tax incentives and credits for hiring mentally disadvantaged workers. That's why the companies do it, in my cynical opinion.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Very funny, Tim I'm glad that you solved that problem.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    There are tax incentives and credits for hiring mentally disadvantaged workers. That's why the companies do it, in my cynical opinion.
    I feel like you do about this. It bothers me that people and companies are willing to "use" those with problems.

On another note one of the clerks in Lowes home improvement store told me that Lowes sometimes gives discounts on large ticket items to the handicapped people. And I loved the washing machine we were were buying for the grandaughter........you can not turn the knob(s) the wrong way. Wonderfull for a retarded person.
    charly

~Will Rogers~