RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Long Island Decoy Show

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  gdgnyc 
#1 ·
The Long Island Decoy Collectors Associations' 42nd annual antique decoy, fishing, and sporting collectibles show is on Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. Location is IBEW Union Hall, 370 Vanderbilt/Motor Parkway, Happauge, NY.

It's a great show! I picked up a Birdsall brant decoy last time there and I'm ready to add another bird to my collection. We also include a display of antique decoys/gunning equipment every year. This year's theme for display is Decoys of Amityville. Admission is $6.00.

#2 ·
I'm bumping this.

LIDCA, my club, really puts on a nice show. You can pick up some nice stuff. You will meet several of the people who have been responsible for displays at the Ward Museum in Salisbury, MD. We have had exhibits there on decoys of Long Island. Also fishing rods and reels (I may buy a sidewinder this year), books, art, etc.

And for those who don't duckhunt---Maybe it's time to get a decoy and put it on the mantle. I put a Wildfowler Canvasback in my friend's cabin, a nice gift for the hunting lodge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.