The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Comes Clean In Interview

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Dropping bombs in Germany and the A bomb in Japan changed our military forever. It is now ok for us to bomb civilian sites and civilian casualties are "collateral damage". This is a dangerous and an immoral path our country is going down. I think that sudying the effectiveness of drone use is important too. We hear about them when they kill someone high ranking but what we don't hear is the innocent loss of life caused by them. Should americans be killed by drone strikes anywhere? NO! absolutely not, never. No president should be given the power to take the life of a citizen for any reason. There is no difference whether it is in america or yemen. Al-alwaki was an american citizen who taught that attacks against civilians are wrong, we started spying on him and denying his constitutional rights and he left for the ME and became more Anti-american. Yes suicide bombers attended his meetings and he may have helped with their travel, but his death should have been decided by a court not a president over breakfast. Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill.
    Can you share the math for this equation?
    Or is this a typical liberal "emotional overkill" to trump up an invalid point?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And this may demonstrate how this whole thing in the ME is a no-win situation. The leader spoke out against something wrong; and the bad guys killed him. Rather than blame any of "their own", the people would rather blame an outsider for the brave leader's attempt to point out what was wrong.

In this example, not quite what I was thinking. Those who did the vaporization should be at fault ... if you mean that the US learned of the meeting and were the ones to do the vaporization. Then, I can see your point. In that case, it surely is a level of ignorance (lack of intel) to discern the situation "on the ground".
    We did the killing here, it was our drone that saw three lower level terrorists under a tree with a couple of other unidentified folks(guys on our side) and smoked them. This lack of intel is overlooked routinely and innocents are killed to get a couple of terrorists and is chalked up as collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Can you share the math for this equation?
    Or is this a typical liberal "emotional overkill" to trump up an invalid point?
    I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative), and i don't have an equation just reports from folks other than fox news. But if you want to play that way, do you have numbers that terrorists are decreasing or is this typical conservative "don't question our military ever emotions" that lead us to never questioning our tactics on wars that can't be won?

We did the killing here, it was our drone that saw three lower level terrorists under a tree with a couple of other unidentified folks(guys on our side) and smoked them. This lack of intel is overlooked routinely and innocents are killed to get a couple of terrorists and is chalked up as collateral damage.

I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative), and i don't have an equation just reports from folks other than fox news. But if you want to play that way, do you have numbers that terrorists are decreasing or is this typical conservative "don't question our military ever emotions" that lead us to never questioning our tactics on wars that can't be won?
    I can back up the decrease in terrorists numbers. Civil Wars in Egypt, Syria, Libya and Yemem. They are preforming Darwinism on each other.

I have never said terrorist numbers were declining.
    That was Obama...............a claim he made right after "HE" got Bin Laden.

Why would I need numbers to support Obama's false assertion?
    You however posted that "Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill."
    I am just curious how you arrived at this assumption.

You may not know this, but I have been adamantly opposed toany involvement in Afgahnistan since day 1.
    I am sure there are many here that can support that.
    It is my contention that Reagan did not bring down the USSR, Afgahnistan BROKE them.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-28-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Didn't the French Foreign Legion try to kill Frances president over something that happened in Afghanistan? nope looks like it was Algeria Best thing to come out of there that I can think of was a cool picture of a young lady with green eyes.
    Last edited by sick lids; 02-28-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I have never said terrorist numbers were declining.
    That was Obama...............a claim he made right after "HE" got Bin Laden.

Why would I need numbers to support Obama's false assertion?
    You however posted that "Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill."
    I am just curious how you arrived at this assumption.

You may not know this, but I have been adamantly opposed toany involvement in Afgahnistan since day 1.
    I am sure there are many here that can support that.
    It is my contention that Reagan did not bring down the USSR, Afgahnistan BROKE them.
    I came to that number just from research i've done and it is not a hard number, but i bet its close. But i would say it is evident we are making more terrorists and that there are more terrorists now than before 9/11. Obama and bush basically have the same foreign policy of intervention, the only difference is the amount of troops.
    Last edited by mudminnow; 02-28-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: sc public school spelling baggage

I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative),
    There are a lot of folks on this forum who espouse that creed, but when they post they prove themselves wrong - being a libertarian on certain issues makes one a disappointed hippy . We'll see how you do with the test of time.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Here ya go Marv, meet the new disappointed hippies

http://studentsforliberty.org/leadership/

Some how, I don't think these new hippies reek of Patchouli oil.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Marv, i hope i don't turn into a dissapointed hippy, or even a hippy or that matter. Honestly the switch in my foreign policy from mainstream conservative republican to a libertarian one is by coincidence. My faith has led me to ask myself tough questions about how our country treats others. I wound up looking for folks that represent my fiscal and foreign policy and wound up prefering libertarians.

Another 60 million to the Syrian opposition! At a time when the White House is decrying the end of the USA over a 2.4% reduction in future spending. I know you guys have got to see the foolishness of our Foreign Policy that I do? This is on top of the $200million we have already provided in Humanatarian Aide. There is a lot more budget cutting that can get done! Deficit Spending is the greatest threat to our Freedom and way of life.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org