The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Comes Clean In Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    As with most political changes, it starts on Campus before moving to older folks.
    http://www.dailycampus.com/commentar...ture-1.2891461

Then the older folks start to realize they are being had by the Repubs and Dems
    http://www.independentpoliticalrepor...eating-trends/
    If that's the case why do you keep trying to ride on the coattail of the Republicans?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If that's the case why do you keep trying to ride on the coattail of the Republicans?
    As I explained some time ago, the Libertarian Party has a three pronged plan to grow the movement.

1 To support Libertarian Repubs and Dems through the Liberty Pack.
    2 To grow the movement on campus
    3 To grow the Libertarian Party by attracting disenfranchised traditional Conservatives and liberty loving Dems.

It has to be this way because of the two party monopoly with the press/media including the debates.

Right now, Sen Rand Paul is our biggest voice and if he hadn't run as a Repub, his voice would never be heard!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Rand's bill to cut spending ... makes too much sense (from National Review)
    Not only is Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) calling out the Obama administration’s “dishonest” doom-mongering on the sequester, he also put forward his own plan, released today, to replace the impending cuts with alternative savings, and to do so “without layoffs,” according to a release from the senator’s office.Paul’s bill would reduce federal spending by more than $85 billion annually by directing the government to:
    Stop Hiring New Federal Employees ($6.5 billion per year)
    More than 60,000 people left the federal workforce in 2011. This provision would end the practice of hiring new employees to replace them.
    Bring Federal-Employee Pay in Line with Private Jobs ($32 billion per year)
    The Congressional Budget Office estimates that federal-employee compensation is 16 percent higher compared with the private sector. This provision would reduce federal salaries to a more commensurate level.
    Reduce Federal-Employee Travel by 25 Percent ($2.25 billion per year)
    The federal government spends about $9 billion on travel, according to the General Services Administration, which ironically was the center of a recent scandal for its exorbitant spending on travel and conference costs. Paul bill’s would rein in such expenses.
    Focus Military Research on Military Needs ($6 billion per year)
    Paul’s office cites research from Senator Tom Coburn (R., Okla.), which found that the Defense Department spent $6 billion on research that had little or nothing to do with military needs.
    Require Competitive Bidding for Government Contracts ($19 billion per year)
    This provision would repeal prevailing-wage requirements under which employees are often paid higher wages to work on federal projects, and end the practice of awarding federal contracts without a competitive bidding process to ensure the government is contracting work at the lowest price possible.
    Cut 50 Percent of Foreign Aid ($20 billion per year)
    It is consistently one of the only portions of the budget Americans actually want to cut.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Can anyone figure out why Rand voted yes to confirming Hagel?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Can anyone figure out why Rand voted yes to confirming Hagel?
    Franco told him to.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

"There are many things I disagree with Chuck Hagel on, there are many things I disagree with John Kerry on, there are very few things I agree with the president on, but the president gets to choose political appointees," Senator Rand Paul said.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    "There are many things I disagree with Chuck Hagel on, there are many things I disagree with John Kerry on, there are very few things I agree with the president on, but the president gets to choose political appointees," Senator Rand Paul said.
    Most folks would call that weaseling - there is no requirement for any one to approve someone else's choices .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Yep... Justifying a typical Republican cave in. He's more Republican than you and Franco thought
    Bill Davis

well, Rand was in a catch 22 with this decision. There wasn't a clear right or wrong vote in my opinion. The main reason why the repubs dont like hagel is because he questioned karl rove, emperor Bush, and our influence with israel (which rand also quesions). I cannot fault him for this, but it will look bad for Rand with some of the republican base. I think this is a non issue and hope he grills brennan soon.

well, Rand was in a catch 22 with this decision. There wasn't a clear right or wrong vote in my opinion. The main reason why the repubs dont like hagel is because he questioned karl rove, emperor Bush, and our influence with israel (which rand also quesions). I cannot fault him for this, but it will look bad for Rand with some of the republican base. I think this is a non issue and hope he grills brennan soon.
    Rationalization=the second strongest human drive.
    Stan b & Elvis