The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Comes Clean In Interview

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Rationalization=the second strongest human drive.
    Some call it rationalization, others call it critical thinking. Is Rand perfect, no. If i was in his position would i have voted for hagel? probably. I don't see how this vote ruins his "street cred"

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Some call it rationalization, others call it critical thinking. Is Rand perfect, no. If i was in his position would i have voted for hagel? probably. I don't see how this vote ruins his "street cred"
    "Street Cred?"
    What does that have to do with the mantra having been preached here that the Pauls are true to their convictions, setting them apart from the rest?

Same old same old.
    Stan b & Elvis

well, Rand was in a catch 22 with this decision. There wasn't a clear right or wrong vote in my opinion. The main reason why the repubs dont like hagel is because he questioned karl rove, emperor Bush, and our influence with israel (which rand also quesions). I cannot fault him for this, but it will look bad for Rand with some of the republican base. I think this is a non issue and hope he grills brennan soon.
    A man has to stand for something or he will fall for anything.

Once you start making excuses and rationalizing, it's easier to do it the next time...

Don't stand up on National TV talking tough if you are going to fold like a cheap suit. Just go ahead and fold right from the start.

By the way... Pres Bush... He's been retired for going on five years. Rove? Who cares about him? What good did his PAC do during the election...
    Bill Davis

Rand knows how to pick his battles. Besides, Hagel is hated by the NeoCons that love military intervention and that goes against Rand's Libertarian core. His big fight will be with Brennan who supports drone attacks on US citizens.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Easy easy, pump the brakes. Aren't you the ones that supported Romney and rationalized like it was your patriotic duty a few months ago. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black. I mentioned rove and bush because hagel went against the republican establishment and they did not forget. We all make excuses for folks we want to like. I could make more to rationalize this but it is worthless. I still think this is a non issue.

And don't quote Aaron Tippin to a guy who lives in the area he was born and raised, its kinda insulting

Easy easy, pump the brakes. Aren't you the ones that supported Romney and rationalized like it was your patriotic duty a few months ago. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black. I mentioned rove and bush because hagel went against the republican establishment and they did not forget. We all make excuses for folks we want to like. I could make more to rationalize this but it is worthless. I still think this is a non issue.

And don't quote Aaron Tippin to a guy who lives in the area he was born and raised, its kinda insulting
    I thought that was a John Mellencamp lyric from his Scarecrow CD.

Rand was the most outspoken member of the Senate to speak out against the sale of F16's and Abaram tanks to Egypt. A move supported by the military contractors lobbyist and the Congressmen that they own in both Parties!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Maybe, but it reminded me of tippin playing his guitar with his mullet and trash stache, see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

It's where I was born and raised as well.... Got folks from Bluffton/Hilton Head to Myrtle Beach, Columbia and Greenville. Pretty much have the state covered. Dad went to Clemson, I went to Carolina
    Bill Davis

Haha, yeah i remembered you had roots around here. I live my life by WWTD, what would tippin do?

Haha, yeah i remembered you had roots around here. I live my life by WWTD, what would tippin do?
    Can't go wrong there...
    Bill Davis