The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Comes Clean In Interview

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    A man has to stand for something or he will fall for anything.

Once you start making excuses and rationalizing, it's easier to do it the next time...

Don't stand up on National TV talking tough if you are going to fold like a cheap suit. Just go ahead and fold right from the start.

By the way... Pres Bush... He's been retarded for going on fifty years. Rove? Who cares about him? What good did his PAC do during the election...
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Classy!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand knows how to pick his battles. Besides, Hagel is hated by the NeoCons that love military intervention and that goes against Rand's Libertarian core. His big fight will be with Brennan who supports drone attacks on US citizens.

Brennan's drone attacks on US citizens? This is a tight rope which he should not try to walk. US soil there is a problem, it is a simple no, but the American public has tunnel vision. FDR had put Japanese American's in camps during WWII with no just cause.

If i am a Democrat my response. Do you want to have a American citizen on foreign soil, planning attacks on America, and meeting with terrorists? Allow them all to escape and carry out the attack killing thousands maybe millions. (You always have to put the pie in the sky)

Where surveys done, in different cities of Germany, to make sure there were no Americans before bombing? How about the cities in Japan before the A bomb was dropped? NO

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Brennan's drone attacks on US citizens? This is a tight rope which he should not try to walk. US soil there is a problem, it is a simple no, but the American public has tunnel vision. FDR had put Japanese American's in camps during WWII with no just cause.

If i am a Democrat my response. Do you want to have a American citizen on foreign soil, planning attacks on America, and meeting with terrorists? Allow them all to escape and carry out the attack killing thousands maybe millions. (You always have to put the pie in the sky)

Where surveys done, in different cities of Germany, to make sure there were no Americans before bombing? How about the cities in Japan before the A bomb was dropped? NO
    John Bolton use the example of the Confederate soldiers killed in the Northern War of Agression.

Though drone attacks may be a good thing now, who is to stop the potential for abuse in the future? I have no problem killing anyone planning any type of attack on our citizens. It is down the road where this can be abused. I don't like the deviation away from The Constitution as it has been trampled by both the Dems and Repubs in the past and present. If we are to have these kind of Drones attacks, then there needs to be some kind of checks and balance to prevent abuse.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post

Dropping bombs in Germany and the A bomb in Japan changed our military forever. It is now ok for us to bomb civilian sites and civilian casualties are "collateral damage". This is a dangerous and an immoral path our country is going down. I think that sudying the effectiveness of drone use is important too. We hear about them when they kill someone high ranking but what we don't hear is the innocent loss of life caused by them. Should americans be killed by drone strikes anywhere? NO! absolutely not, never. No president should be given the power to take the life of a citizen for any reason. There is no difference whether it is in america or yemen. Al-alwaki was an american citizen who taught that attacks against civilians are wrong, we started spying on him and denying his constitutional rights and he left for the ME and became more Anti-american. Yes suicide bombers attended his meetings and he may have helped with their travel, but his death should have been decided by a court not a president over breakfast. Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Dropping bombs in Germany and the A bomb in Japan changed our military forever. It is now ok for us to bomb civilian sites and civilian casualties are "collateral damage". This is a dangerous and an immoral path our country is going down. I think that sudying the effectiveness of drone use is important too. We hear about them when they kill someone high ranking but what we don't hear is the innocent loss of life caused by them. Should americans be killed by drone strikes anywhere? NO! absolutely not, never. No president should be given the power to take the life of a citizen for any reason. There is no difference whether it is in america or yemen. Al-alwaki was an american citizen who taught that attacks against civilians are wrong, we started spying on him and denying his constitutional rights and he left for the ME and became more Anti-american. Yes suicide bombers attended his meetings and he may have helped with their travel, but his death should have been decided by a court not a president over breakfast. Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill.
    When he joined the terrorists in their Jihad on America, he gave up his right as an American in my opinion.

The the other terrorist don't need an excuse to hate us... It comes naturally... They cheer in the streets when Americans die.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi and every dollar of unemployment creates $1.73 in the economy?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post

That sentence says it all. Foreign Policy was the scariest aspect of a Romney Presidency. Not only are we growing Islamic terrorism with our Forign Poicy, we are going broke doing so. Not to mention that we have upset the balance of power in the mideast in favor of the Iranians. Make no mistake about it, the NeoCons and Military Industrial Complex will do all that they can to scare the American people into going to war with the Persians.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

Though drone attacks may be a good thing now, who is to stop the potential for abuse in the future? I have no problem killing anyone planning any type of attack on our citizens. It is down the road where this can be abused. I don't like the deviation away from The Constitution as it has been trampled by both the Dems and Repubs in the past and present. If we are to have these kind of Drones attacks, then there needs to be some kind of checks and balance to prevent abuse.
    Very good post, Franco.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    When he joined the terrorists in their Jihad on America, he gave up his right as an American in my opinion.

The the other terrorist don't need an excuse to hate us... It comes naturally... They cheer in the streets when Americans die.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi and every dollar of unemployment creates $1.73 in the economy?
    I know i can't change your mind over an internet forum, but i wish it was as simple as you write. Imagine if you were driving down the road and see some guys that are asking for a ride. They seem like alright guys so you pick them up, next thing you know you are dead because those guys were terrorists and had a drone following them. Yes the terrorists are dead, but so are you, do you think your family is going to say, " Hey, its his fault for not doing a background check on the guys he picked up" or will they be resentful?
    This has happened over there more than we would care to admit. Another instance a village elder stood up and proclaimed to his village one night that Al-qaeda is evil and they would not support them in any way. The next day the alqaeda in the area were angry wanted to meet with him. He decided to have a talk with them outside the city to tell them to stay away from his community. He met them under a tree, and the next thing that happened was vaporization. How do you think the village reacted? Do you think they said, "well thats what he gets for trying to talk to terrorists" or do you think resentment built up towards America?

Terrorists don't need an excuse to hate us, but we give non-terrorists or apathetic muslims reason to hate us everyday. This is why Ron Paul said our Foreign Policy should follow the "Golden Rule" in a debate. He got booed by the crowd, and it goes to show, the best way to make a conservative mad is to quote scripture to them and ask them to live by it.

He met them under a tree, and the next thing that happened was vaporization. How do you think the village reacted? Do you think they said, "well thats what he gets for trying to talk to terrorists" or do you think resentment built up towards America?
    And this may demonstrate how this whole thing in the ME is a no-win situation. The leader spoke out against something wrong; and the bad guys killed him. Rather than blame any of "their own", the people would rather blame an outsider for the brave leader's attempt to point out what was wrong.

but we give non-terrorists or apathetic muslims reason to hate us everyday.
    In this example, not quite what I was thinking. Those who did the vaporization should be at fault ... if you mean that the US learned of the meeting and were the ones to do the vaporization. Then, I can see your point. In that case, it surely is a level of ignorance (lack of intel) to discern the situation "on the ground".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.