The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Presidents Day POTUS question.

Default A Presidents Day POTUS question.

Happy Presidents Day all. Mondays are my normal day off so no big deal for me, except no banks open and no bills in the mailbox. So that is cool.

So… I ask.
    Who is / was your favorite President of the United States of America? And why?
    Who was / is the worst President of the United States of America? And why?

In your opinions.

My favorite was Ronald Reagan. He was the first President I was able to vote for and it seemed, in his speeches he was speaking directly to me.

My worst was Richard Nixon. (surprised?) He was the first President I became “Politically aware” of. I can remember watching Walter Cronkite on the evening news with my Grandfather. And how angry Nixon made him. Honor, respect of the office, all politics are local politics, I came to understand. Mr. Nixon made my Grandfather very angry. That is stuff little kids remember.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The Best...Thomas Jefferson. He had the vision and the will to make his vision a reality.

Runner up to the Best...George Washington. He was not only our Cincinatus, he was able to help defeat the Brits when no one thought it could be done.

The Worst...Lyndon B Johnson. Not only did he needlessly escalate the war in Vietnam, but he also created the entitlement mentallity here in the USA with his Great Society. A program we are still paying for today!

Runner up to the Worst...George Bush. Two needless wars and nearly 10 TRILLION in Debt.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-18-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I have 2 favorites.
    1- is Calvin Coolidge, whose words on "Persistance" is what I live by!
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent!
    2- is Teddy Roosevelt, though a bit of a progressive, I still like his style and the fact that my great great Uncle (Seth Bullock) worked for him! Another motto to live by;
    Drink hearty tonight men, for tomorrow we ride!
    My least favorite currently holds the position.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-18-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Best...Thomas Jefferson. He had the vision and the will to make his vision a reality.

Runner up to the Best...George Washington. He was not only our Cincinatus, he was able to help defeat the Brits when no one thought it could be done.

The Worst...Lyndon B Johnson. Not only did he needlessly escalate the war in Vietnam, but he also created the entitlement mentallity here in the USA with his Great Society. A program we are still paying for today!

Runner up to the Worst...George Bush. Two needless wars and nearly 10 TRILLION in Debt.
    Wow runner up as George Washington? Franco, come on man, I thought you liked Liberty and small government. He was a great general, but as a president he was in cahoots with Hamilton.

The best- Jefferson: Liberty loving, small government, brilliant man

The worst- Lincoln- trampled states rights, murdered hundreds of thousands of people with a tyrannical war, made federal government larger and many problems today associated with big government spending and regulations are traced back to Lincoln. He made it an act of war for the states to stand up constitutionally against a tyrannical federal government.
    Last edited by mudminnow; 02-18-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    The best- Jefferson The worst- Lincoln
    incomplete! ya gotta show your work
    and why?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Sorry I got excited and pressed post...I went back and edited

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Wow runner up as George Washington? Franco, come on man, I thought you liked Liberty and small government. He was a great general, but as a president he was in cahoots with Hamilton.

The best- Jefferson: Liberty loving, small government, brilliant man

The worst- Lincoln- trampled states rights, murdered hundreds of thousands of people with a tyrannical war, made federal government larger and many problems today associated with big government spending and regulations are traced back to Lincoln. He made it an act of war for the states to stand up constitutionally against a tyrannical federal government.
    No doubt modern day Repubs would love big government Hamilton, if he were still around I had to go with George as second because he did lead the fight for Liberty. Talking Liberty is one thing, placing you life on the line is another. G Washington could have been King but instead chose the same path as Cincinatus.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

My favorite is Theodore Roosevelt. The impact of his Presidency is still felt today through the many National Parks and monuments that were established during his time in office and the majority which were established later on under the Antiquities act of 1906.

My least favorite is LBJ. His ineptitude and misinformation cost this country many lives, both lost and ruined.-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 02-18-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Best Thomas Jefferson, his writings really spell out what freedom is and is not, and how to maintain it.

Worst Bill Clinton, for letting so many acts of war go unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I have 2 favorites.
    1- is Calvin Coolidge, whose words on "Persistance" is what I live by!

2- is Teddy Roosevelt, though a bit of a progressive, I still like his style and the fact that my great great Uncle (Seth Bullock) worked for him! Another motto to live by;

My least favorite currently holds the position.
    Hey Stan was that the same Seth Bullock who was the sheriff of Deadwood S Dakota back in the WILD WILD West?

Favorite President would have to be Jefferson. Worst would be a tie with the latter serving Presidents with the last name of Johnson & Bush