The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    This sounds a lot closer to a trophy management scheme to me. I'm assuming that does are also allowed?
    No it is county wide, Morris County TX. Does are only allowed Thurs. Fri. Sat. and Sun. of Thanksgiving holidays. It is in the Texas regs. It also varies our neighbor Cass Co. has a different doe season. But, it is not a private trophy management shceme at all and it has been succesful.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

You misinterpreted my comment. That scheme is very similar to a trophy management scheme. I was aware from your post that you weren't talking about some private ranch instituting a program, but a public attempt to improve the "quality" of the deer by implementing some rules that closely resemble the rules one might find on a well managed ranch. (only four days of doe season? Is Morris Co a low deer population area?)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

So you guys shoot spikes? Up here a lot of deer wont get branches till 2 then at 3 look out!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    You misinterpreted my comment. That scheme is very similar to a trophy management scheme. I was aware from your post that you weren't talking about some private ranch instituting a program, but a public attempt to improve the "quality" of the deer by implementing some rules that closely resemble the rules one might find on a well managed ranch. (only four days of doe season? Is Morris Co a low deer population area?)
    My bad, we are a very small county. It is mostly cattle or timber with very little farming. There is decent hunting but yes I would catagorize us as a low density population County.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon