The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad day in Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Has ANYone proposed any gun control legislation that would actually keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Or get any guns out of the hands of criminals? Seems that everything proposed is directed at law-abiding citizens. When was the last time a criminal submitted to a background check to get a gun? Even the Sandy Hook shooter, a crazy person, had to steal the guns he had with him.
    You are exactly right. God forbid someone proposes stiffer penalties for those that try and buy a gun but fail the background for lying. Chicago's problems could be fixed a bunch by empowering the officers just like they did in NY and then actually prosecute the ones arrested for not obeying the gun laws. Instead they try to interfere with my ability to legally buy a gun or magazine.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Oh, and don't forget, women don't need guns for protection, they have whistles and safe zones.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Has ANYone proposed any gun control legislation that would actually keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Or get any guns out of the hands of criminals? Seems that everything proposed is directed at law-abiding citizens. When was the last time a criminal submitted to a background check to get a gun? Even the Sandy Hook shooter, a crazy person, had to steal the guns he had with him.
    SOP to take away gun rights of convicted felons. Has been for years
    The problem is felons dont obey laws; if they did they wouldn't be felons!!

This is really funny ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This is really funny ...
    BAM!!!!! Head shot!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

It's all so simple...just follow your nearby bleeding heart lib.

UB

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

For all the fuss made about Akin's stupid comment during the fall campaign, nobody bats an eye over this:
    “It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”

Well, after all, you
    might not get raped. In Salazar’s world, not only are women incapable of defending themselves against a physical threat, but they are incapable of even identifying a physical threat, and should therefore be deprived of the ability to try. Empowerment! I guess if you are raped, there’s this…safe zone. Look, colleges are welcome to establish safe zones (though criminals are notoriously unobservant of such signage), call boxes, lighted paths, and whistles to help prevent campus attacks. I have benefited from at least a few of these tools, and begrudge no one their use. But I would also like women who choose to arm themselves, in the event that safe zones, call boxes, lights, and whistles don’t work, to retain the right to their chosen tool of prevention.
    Advice to women from Colorado University include this nugget:
    Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Serious Question--- Should we as sportsman and sportswomen - boycott hunting in Colorado?

Are we hitting them (State Government) where they hurt or are we hurting our allies??
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by J Hoggatt View Post
    Serious Question--- Should we as sportsman and sportswomen - boycott hunting in Colorado?

Are we hitting them (State Government) where they hurt or are we hurting our allies??
    can it wait till after Stan and I go elk hunting this fall ?

cant boycott the state completely because my dear old mom and one of my brothers live in Durango
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Even the Sandy Hook shooter, a crazy person, had to steal the guns he had with him.
    but when all guns are safely confiscated from the public there will be no weapon for a crazy person or criminal to steal! why can't you people understand this?
    john mccallie