RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Where to buy poppers?

9K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 ·
Could someone let me know the best place to buy 12 guage poppers now? Our club was purchasing them from an individual who has now passed away and we need a new source.

Tara

#12 ·
that is where i just got mine from

also plan on buying some primers and changing them myself alot cheaper ($6 for 100 209primers) all it take is a multi tool screw drivers (one that you can take the bit out of) and a small hammer and some washers

#4 ·
#7 ·
I reload 12 ga for skeet, and have been reloading poppers following a recipe from Ballistic Products. Like much of what I do, it's an opportunity to earn about 80 cents per hour vs buying them. If you're dead set on 20 ga, you may be able to load your own if you have a reloader. I don't have any worries about the quality, but I DO have concerns about liability in our litigation rich society. I only shoot them myself, just in case.

#10 ·
I reload them as well using Lee Load-All 12 gauge reloader. I dont use any powder, just primers, and this little machine works well and is cheap. Training days and hunt tests are great times to collect empty hulls, too! You can get these guys pretty cheap on ebay sometimes ($35), otherwise they are about $50 or so new, depending on the site....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/436640/lee-load-all-2-shotshell-press-12-gauge-2-3-4-3

#15 ·
"Poppers" or "blanks?" Most folks refer to poppers as primer only, while blanks make a big bang with some powder. The Fiocchi loads are the loudest (IMO) Gundog Supply/Days End the leat expensive and reliable. (I've had duds in other brand name blanks.) Both sources also offer "popper" loads in bulk.

#20 · (Edited)
For quantity, 1000 or greater amts. Lion Country Supply, free shipping, no hassles. The Fiocchi deal is generally at the beginning of the year and the shipping is crazy expensive and it can be a pita to get someone to return your calls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.