The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Traning collar Batteries- lost range

Default Traning collar Batteries- lost range

I have a Sportdog 400 training collar . Just discovered that it does not have a range of over ten feet. The collar and transmitter show a complete charge. Could this be a function of the batteries? The collar is 2 1/2 yrs old.
    I don't want to buy batteries @$60.00 if that's not the problem.
    Thank you!

Problem is most likely not the batteries; it is probably because Sportdog sells CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Problem is most likely not the batteries; it is probably because Sportdog sells CRAP
    Yup, they are notorious for way under the advertised range. And you'll be lucky if they hold a charge for more then a day!
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

I would call Sport Dog. Have your collar and transmiter with you when you call. Sport Dod will try to diagnos over the phone. You have a lifetime warranty I believe. I have had a couple of recievers replaced by them at minimal cost. I think $20.

I used Dogtra IQ Yard Remote Trainer Collars for small dogs and it has a 400 yard range with rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. This collar is very convenient and easy to use.

The batteries are easy to use in dog collars and designed to provide a long charge life. "Fortunately, Ni-Mh batteries are not bothered by the "memory" problems that plagued some of the older rechargeable battery types. Lithium ION batteries are also used in several of the newer training collar systems"