Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: farmer and Monsanto and soybean seed

Default farmer and Monsanto and soybean seed

http://ideas.time.com/2013/02/18/is-...-plant-a-seed/

This week this case goes to court.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Sad and disgusting on so many levels...including the fact that the Roundup Ready seeds are being used to feed livestock.
    Denise Page
    "Any woman who thinks diamonds are a girl's best friend never had a dog."

Roughly 40 percent of the food grown now is genetically modified in some way. Most have a "terminator gene" which can be attached to a regular plant through pollination making its seed sterile. Check out the fruit in the grocery store. It doesn't rot like the fruit on my tree's. It shrivels up and dries out instead of getting mushy. My fruit off my trees doesn't last very long,, but I had plums that I forgot about for about 6 months and it was still viable ,,same with the tomatoes which were the first fruit to be experimented on. They last forever and shrivel. That can't be good for people.
    The reason is not to feed the masses with food that lasts ,,,it is just the opposite. That crap will cause problems down the road. and it gives Monsanto a monopoly on seed.
    That means if you want to grow food you will have to get seed from monsanto,,just to grow food that can eventually kill you.

Can you see the plan coming together now.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-19-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Yep, farmers use to be able to keep seed from this years crop to plant next. That's pretty much a thing of the past. A documentary called Food inc. does a decent job of showing how all of this goes down. Worth a watch if you have the time.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

It seems weird to me that countries like Russia have outlawed GMO's while the US has shown very little interest in even talking about the subject.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

To add some insight when you buy round-up ready soy beans, you sign a licensing agreement with the seed company saying you will not replant the seeds, or sell them as a seed crop. Every farmer knows about it, this is a farmer that is testing the the patent law, not some poor innocent guy who knew nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Roughly 40 percent of the food grown now is genetically modified in some way. Most have a "terminator gene" which can be attached to a regular plant through pollination making its seed sterile. Check out the fruit in the grocery store. It doesn't rot like the fruit on my tree's. It shrivels up and dries out instead of getting mushy. My fruit off my trees doesn't last very long,, but I had plums that I forgot about for about 6 months and it was still viable ,,same with the tomatoes which were the first fruit to be experimented on. They last forever and shrivel. That can't be good for people.
    The reason is not to feed the masses with food that lasts ,,,it is just the opposite. That crap will cause problems down the road. and it gives Monsanto a monopoly on seed.
    That means if you want to grow food you will have to get seed from monsanto,,just to grow food that can eventually kill you.

Can you see the plan coming together now.
    I always assumed this was from irradiating the food and killing all the stuff that naturally leads to decay.

(I agree it can't be good, though.)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

The smart money should be on Monsanto on this case

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    The smart money should be on Monsanto on this case
    Yes if I were a betting man.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    To add some insight when you buy round-up ready soy beans, you sign a licensing agreement with the seed company saying you will not replant the seeds, or sell them as a seed crop. Every farmer knows about it, this is a farmer that is testing the the patent law, not some poor innocent guy who knew nothing about it.
    Read what the farmer actually says that he did. He did not violate the agreement that he signed.

On another note this is why I still keep some of my Dad's field corn going. Getting too old to keep it up though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~