The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Victor dog food

Default Victor dog food

is anybody using this dog food? looking to get some opinions about this food.

I was using Victor High Energy on my 2 labs. It's a 4-star rated food. I switched over to Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Not because Victor is a bad food but I wanted to go grain-free. I did however notice a significant difference in the shine of their coats and less dander. I think Victor is a good food for the price. I just wanted to go grain free and wasn't concerned with the difference in cost.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBrou View Post
    I was using Victor High Energy on my 2 labs. It's a 4-star rated food. I switched over to Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Not because Victor is a bad food but I wanted to go grain-free. I did however notice a significant difference in the shine of their coats and less dander. I think Victor is a good food for the price. I just wanted to go grain free and wasn't concerned with the difference in cost.
    i did the exact opposite you did, i was on the blue buffalo wilderness, the puppy formula, to Victor High performance plus, mainly because thats what the trainer will be feeding them when i send them off. But being able to to buy a 40 lb bag at about $37-$42 was a lot nicer than buying a 30 lb bag at $55-$60. did your labs do perform well while on victor?

I have fed the hi-pro version of Victor (30/20) pretty extensively. My dog has done as well on it as she has on any other food I've tried. The ingredient list is better than most of the others that cost about twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    I have fed the hi-pro version of Victor (30/20) pretty extensively. My dog has done as well on it as she has on any other food I've tried. The ingredient list is better than most of the others that cost about twice as much.
    what kind of dog?
    i put my german shorthaired pointers on it, and so far im impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMejeur View Post
    what kind of dog?
    i put my german shorthaired pointers on it, and so far im impressed.
    A black Labrador. Is there any other kind?

Quote Originally Posted by JMejeur View Post
    is anybody using this dog food? looking to get some opinions about this food.
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ictor+dog+food
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Love it so much got my dad on as a dealer. It's a great feed and at stores around here I can get hi pro plus 30/20 for 32 bucks (40#) great food and less filler means smaller portions which helps the pocket book. Went from 5.5 cups of eukanuba to 3.5 victor for my 11 month old CLM

during the offseason I fed the purple bag $26 40# but now that we are in thick of training again he's back on teal bag.

donbrou curious why u didn't try victors grain free if you liked their regular gluten free formula?

I tried it and it didn't work for me. After 2 months of loose stools I had to give that cheap stuff up and get back on the good stuff.. My dogs do very well on PP!!

Quote Originally Posted by sapitrucha View Post
    I tried it and it didn't work for me. After 2 months of loose stools I had to give that cheap stuff up and get back on the good stuff.. My dogs do very well on PP!!
    X2 fed the red and teal bag to my dogs and had the worse poop ever.Back on PP.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie