The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victor dog food

Blake, no reason in particular. Just got some very good info on Blue Buffalo Wilderness, tried it, was impressed, and decided to go that way. The wife and I don't have any kids so cost wasn't even looked at. It's still cheaper than sending kids to college though.

No pro plan per se , but if you buy 10 bags at a time ,you get $5 off per bag. Most places that carry it around here have poor reordering personnel .....so I buy it from a store near the house,that always has it for me , a family owned convenience store....Vietnamese.

Have to admit it, i gave Victor dog food a bad review! A friend of mine talked me into trying it again but using a different mix and I love it!! I've been feeding a 26/18 mix and it is working well for me.. I do not like the 30/20 mix in the teal bag..

Quote Originally Posted by sapitrucha View Post
    Have to admit it, i gave Victor dog food a bad review! A friend of mine talked me into trying it again but using a different mix and I love it!! I've been feeding a 26/18 mix and it is working well for me.. I do not like the 30/20 mix in the teal bag..
    i have been a big proponet of victor. even got my dad to become a dealer. he has 8 dogs and 2 english bulldog breeders so he uses most of it himself but i get bags at wholesale too

ive almost exclusively used teal bag but switched to the red bag 24/20 i believe this last time as he was out of teal. and i am having runny stools. just got to figure out whats good for your dog. back to teal we go.

Ive been feeding Victor for over a year and my dogs do really well on the Orange / Brown bag. My nursing female is now on the Hi Pro 30-20, She has dropped in weight, but she is nursing 8 babies the last 18 days. She will go back on the 24 -12 in a month. All have very shiney coats and less shedding, almost no dander. Even the pups are shiney. I get it from a dealer 4 miles from home, great product, great price, smaller stools.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

My dogs seem to do well on the 30/20. My couch potato gets the silver bag. Its the lower fat version.
    HRCH UH Night Owl's Black Diamond MH "Homer"(500 Point Club)
    HRCH Iza-Gotsa-Lotsa-Go-Go MH "Streak"

I really like Victor. I'd been feeding Taste of the Wild, but was getting concerned over the multiple Diamond recalls. I switched to Victor Grain-free and my dogs are doing great on it. My picky eater gobbles down every meal and I've had to cut back my hard keeper as she's finally put on weight. I order mine from Sport Dog Food and it's delivered right to my door- http://www.victorpet.com/

We have 5 labs & have been feeding Victor Professional in purple Bag for almost a yr. Ages from 2yrs to 14 yrs & they are all doing well. We have tried several brands over the yrs & for the money it is my opinion that it is the best food for the buck. One of our younger dogs was not gaining weight like she should. After we switched to Victor she gained weight , their coats look good & they have plenty of energy. We have had to reduce size of servings as they were getting fat. They offer several choices & if can find it in your area, give it a try.