The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Buy a Shotgun"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    .................................................. ................................... Damn, I can't think of anything he is particularly good at.
    Sure you can. He's good at "open mouth, insert feet."
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I am personally not against background checks. I am for updating the ATF system to computerized system that card filing. I am against assault rifle bans and magazines limits. I could support gun registration if they backed it up with a consistutional admenment to prohibit the government from seizing firearms. There is plenty of room for compromise. If all you want is win or lose, what happenes if you lose?
    You mean something like the second amendment?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    WTF are you talking about. "Common ground"? There is no common ground. They keep talking about taking away rights from law abiding citizens that will do nothing to stop gun violence, I want them to arrest and prosecute scumbags. Common ground my ass.
    Stan, we've got someone who is swearing. You best reprimand him.

Achiro, my OU friend, you must be a politician with that type of answer/attitude. That is the exact attitude that has virtually frozen this country. Us against them, my way or the highway. That's work pretty well recently hasn't it?
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Achiro, my OU friend, you must be a politician with that type of answer/attitude. That is the exact attitude that has virtually frozen this country. Us against them, my way or the highway. That's work pretty well recently hasn't it?
    It seems to be working in the WH for the last four plus years...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post

I completely disagree with you on this. I do understand compromise and give and take in politics but that's not at all what this is. There hasn't been one proposal to restrict gun rights that would make any difference. What are the libs wanting to "give up" for their part? I'll be happy to answer that, nothing...the answer is nothing. They make ridiculous proposals based on emotional response that will do nothing to fix the problem but I'm suppose to compromise. Give me a balance budget amendment, then we can talk about background checks.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I am personally not against background checks. I am for updating the ATF system to computerized system that card filing. I am against assault rifle bans and magazines limits. I could support gun registration if they backed it up with a consistutional admenment to prohibit the government from seizing firearms. There is plenty of room for compromise. If all you want is win or lose, what happenes if you lose?
    What happens if we lose? The end of democracy as we know it.
    Bo Hanson

Bullpen's Hammerin HomeRun King 755 (Hank)
    Bullpen's Say It Ain't So Joe JH (Josie)

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? "-John Wooden

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."-Henry Ford

You have that wrong... We only plan to win.
    Bill Davis

I didn't think a person had to compromise when it came to the constitution?
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Do you think a system that requires a 100 senators, 500+ members of congress and one guy who can veto any proposal wasn't designed with some compromise in mind? If the founding founders had wanted one absolute voice we would replace our whole system with a king. Considering that an assault weapon ban is not only possible, but perhaps even likely you had better think long and hard about your all or nothing philosophy. You very well may end up with nothing.

I must be dense but I haven't bought a gun in 30 years that did not require a back ground check, and sometimes having to wait until the next day to pick up the fire arm due to computer overload to the system. Are we talking about additional background checks here or what. The background checks we have now are pretty extensive.