The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brain of a conservative republican

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Who is we???
    You got a mouse in your pocket?
    The half dozen or so Libertarians on RTF.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The half dozen or so Libertarians on RTF.
    have you ever seen that web site were you find out what political party you are?
    edit - who are the 5 others?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    have you ever seen that web site were you find out what political party you are?
    I'll let them identify themselves if they see this thread. All one has to do is read the post on RTF where people are unhappy with the current Repub Party as well as the Dems. I consider the PMs that I receive as private. However, those PMs do fuel me in carrying the Libertarian torch on POTUS. Because, if it wasn't for the PM's, I wouldn't spend so much time and effort with such a small political audience.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Personally I have said several times I come from a long line of yellow dog democrats but Carter broke me of that. I have since voted for who I thought was the best candidate. The last two elections I haven't voted for a POTUS. I guess I might be considered one of the five Ken. I also would waste my vote for the right man/woman if for no other reason than to look myself in the mirror.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

No votes are ever wasted. I think if the libs could generate 15% of the vote we would start to see some parties in a real panic. If they did win I would bet that the train would still keep chugging along, after all absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As a society we need to find people that can do the job, not people that want the job.

Franco,
    I notice on EVERY post you make you reference Republicans as big government, big spenders, war mongers, etc. I agree with this take on the modern day Republican party; however, you always overlook the word conservative when it is included in the thread. If someone includes the word conservative, in your mind shouldn't that separate them from the Republican party you so stronger despise? Just looking for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Maybe they (Libertarians) just don't have one (brain)?
    remember the old ad of the egg and the slogan "this is your brain on drugs"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Franco,
    I notice on EVERY post you make you reference Republicans as big government, big spenders, war mongers, etc. I agree with this take on the modern day Republican party; however, you always overlook the word conservative when it is included in the thread. If someone includes the word conservative, in your mind shouldn't that separate them from the Republican party you so stronger despise? Just looking for clarification.
    I think what defines a Conservative has changed over the last 25 years. If you look at the Libertarian Platorm at www.lp.org, that platform is what Conservatives use to stand for. That has all changed and mostly what we see today out of the GOP are NeoConservatives. Those are the big spending/big government, war loving Repubs. Not what the GOP use to be about. I think somewhere around the time of Reagan or soon after, the party's ideals changed into what we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I am another one.

And to the issue about "conservative", this has been hijacked by republicans to mean socially as well as fiscally conservative. I am Fiscally conservative unlike a majority of the republican congressman, but politically i am a social liberal. Now if you look personally at my life and where i spend my time and money you would think i am a crazy part of the religious right. I attend a church that doesn't ordain women or homosexuals(that we know of), i think marriage is between a male and female, and I think abortion is evil. But Politcally i think it is hypocritical of the church to demand marriage laws that define what a marriage is when half of the church ends up divorced. Also it is hypocritical of the church to condemn abortion and not say a word about the innocent people our country kills daily overseas. The state shouldnt even be involved in marriage. I also think that each state can decide what to do with abortion better than the federal govt can.

My views put me at odds with the repubs and religious right, add on top of that my opposition to this made up "war on terror" and the only folks that take me in are the libertarian minded folks.
    Last edited by mudminnow; 02-20-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added another hypocrisy

Ya know Franco???It pisses me off when you lop me in with the establishment Republicans, as you proffess to be better than us true conservatives. It's your freakinhg bloviating about everyone on POTUS is beneath you because you are the only one that knows what's good for this nation. Time to put up or shut up. Get that 'party' to provide more than just a candidate for POTUS. Even just one Senator of Congressperson might indicate you even have a party.

Even Rand Paul knows his Libertarian convictions can't stand alone, so he's attempting to fight from within. But according to you and your invincible views, he's only smearing his role by associating with all those pathetic Republicans. He's actually getting his points across the only intelligent way he can, and he's developing a following that his father was never quite capable of garnering.

He shows lots of promise for a future high office, but it will be after the CONSERVATIVES of the Republican party have run off the east coast establishment RINOs, along with the rest of the 'go-along-to-get-along' linguini spined types that haven't a clue about the war this nation is in. Karl Rove, and all of his ilk have got to be cleared out...as well as all the blue-haired-country-club-bloody-mary-sippers. It's my hope the TEA Party will rise up and provide many of those candidates in 2014...especially in the Senate. Who knows, we might even get a 'budget' out of that body some day, but not under Reid and his minions.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.