The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Brain of a conservative republican

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Ya know Franco???It pisses me off when you lop me in with the establishment Republicans, as you proffess to be better than us true conservatives. It's your freakinhg bloviating about everyone on POTUS is beneath you because you are the only one that knows what's good for this nation. Time to put up or shut up. Get that 'party' to provide more than just a candidate for POTUS. Even just one Senator of Congressperson might indicate you even have a party.

    Even Rand Paul knows his Libertarian convictions can't stand alone, so he's attempting to fight from within. But according to you and your invincible views, he's only smearing his role by associating with all those pathetic Republicans. He's actually getting his points across the only intelligent way he can, and he's developing a following that his father was never quite capable of garnering.

    He shows lots of promise for a future high office, but it will be after the CONSERVATIVES of the Republican party have run off the east coast establishment RINOs, along with the rest of the 'go-along-to-get-along' linguini spined types that haven't a clue about the war this nation is in. Karl Rove, and all of his ilk have got to be cleared out...as well as all the blue-haired-country-club-bloody-mary-sippers. It's my hope the TEA Party will rise up and provide many of those candidates in 2014...especially in the Senate. Who knows, we might even get a 'budget' out of that body some day, but not under Reid and his minions.

    UB
    UB- I think we agree with you on more issues than not. One thing I don't like about the libertarians is that they are pretty cocky as you can see from some of my posts and Francos. For some reason it just comes out but i hope you can look past the hubris and see the content. The libertarian platform, is pretty much GWB platform he ran with in 2000. Yet since 9/11/2001, we have both sides obsessed with warfare and one side obsessed with welfare. The republican party is not the party of Small government, they are the party of psuedo-limited government and unlimited military. This is dangerous and we have to stop soon, but i am too quickly labeled as unpatriotic when i say we need massive cuts, even to the military. We do not have a department of defense, we have a war department. If we stuck to defense we would save alot of money and lives.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Ya know Franco???It pisses me off when you lop me in with the establishment Republicans, as you proffess to be better than us true conservatives. It's your freakinhg bloviating about everyone on POTUS is beneath you because you are the only one that knows what's good for this nation. Time to put up or shut up. Get that 'party' to provide more than just a candidate for POTUS. Even just one Senator of Congressperson might indicate you even have a party.

    Even Rand Paul knows his Libertarian convictions can't stand alone, so he's attempting to fight from within. But according to you and your invincible views, he's only smearing his role by associating with all those pathetic Republicans. He's actually getting his points across the only intelligent way he can, and he's developing a following that his father was never quite capable of garnering.

    He shows lots of promise for a future high office, but it will be after the CONSERVATIVES of the Republican party have run off the east coast establishment RINOs, along with the rest of the 'go-along-to-get-along' linguini spined types that haven't a clue about the war this nation is in. Karl Rove, and all of his ilk have got to be cleared out...as well as all the blue-haired-country-club-bloody-mary-sippers. It's my hope the TEA Party will rise up and provide many of those candidates in 2014...especially in the Senate. Who knows, we might even get a 'budget' out of that body some day, but not under Reid and his minions.

    UB
    Rand is soaking in all the support he can get, be it Teas or Repubs. But, one would have to be blind not to know where his core is founded. Give him credit for attempting to work within the GOP system. However, the establishment of that system will reject him just as they did your guy. That 's why Congressman Justin Amash ran as a Repub though he is really a Libertarian. Notice how Boehner tossed him off the budget committee for proposing a Balanced Budget?

    Did I lump you in with the establishment Repubs? If anything, you are POTUS #1 Tea Party guy and I know that. You are a renegade just like me but with a different twist. And, we do disagree on some issues.

    When Rand is done with trying to work with the establishment, where will he go? Tea Party has done some good, but they are not a real political party and the various Tea factions all have different goals. The GOP establsihment is doing everything they can to downplay the Teas. They have no future within the GOP because they are treated like red-headed step children. That is exactly why on Sunday, Rand said the repubs need to embrace the Libertarian dialog. Also, unlike the Teas, the Libertarian Party is made up of old and young, male and female, blacks, Hispanics, Asians and is spreading like a wildfire across campuses.

    P S
    If you haven't watched Carla Howell's response to Obama's SOTU, check it our sometime
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  3. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I am another one.

    And to the issue about "conservative", this has been hijacked by republicans to mean socially as well as fiscally conservative. I am Fiscally conservative unlike a majority of the republican congressman, but politically i am a social liberal. Now if you look personally at my life and where i spend my time and money you would think i am a crazy part of the religious right. I attend a church that doesn't ordain women or homosexuals(that we know of), i think marriage is between a male and female, and I think abortion is evil. But Politcally i think it is hypocritical of the church to demand marriage laws that define what a marriage is when half of the church ends up divorced. Also it is hypocritical of the church to condemn abortion and not say a word about the innocent people our country kills daily overseas. The state shouldnt even be involved in marriage. I also think that each state can decide what to do with abortion better than the federal govt can.

    My views put me at odds with the repubs and religious right, add on top of that my opposition to this made up "war on terror" and the only folks that take me in are the libertarian minded folks.
    Lots of Libertarians running for state offices in Mn. I hope you are voting for them!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  4. #34
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Lots of Libertarians running for state offices in Mn. I hope you are voting for them!

    Considering he is from SOUTH CAROLINA, that in itself would be quite a good case for voter fraud
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #35
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    found the liberal brain.... this is great!

    God, I'm glad your not a brain surgeon
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #36
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    God, I'm glad your not a brain surgeon
    Whatsa matter Sarge? Don't want to exchange for some upgraded parts?
    Bill Davis

  7. #37
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    No thanks! Bill. But your models are such you'd kill the patient.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Personally I have said several times I come from a long line of yellow dog democrats but Carter broke me of that. I have since voted for who I thought was the best candidate. The last two elections I haven't voted for a POTUS. I guess I might be considered one of the five Ken. I also would waste my vote for the right man/woman if for no other reason than to look myself in the mirror.
    that's a scary thought

    john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  9. #39
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    that's a scary thought

    john
    Playing catch up John?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  10. #40
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    UB- I think we agree with you on more issues than not. One thing I don't like about the libertarians is that they are pretty cocky as you can see from some of my posts and Francos. For some reason it just comes out but i hope you can look past the hubris and see the content. The libertarian platform, is pretty much GWB platform he ran with in 2000. Yet since 9/11/2001, we have both sides obsessed with warfare and one side obsessed with welfare. The republican party is not the party of Small government, they are the party of psuedo-limited government and unlimited military. This is dangerous and we have to stop soon, but i am too quickly labeled as unpatriotic when i say we need massive cuts, even to the military. We do not have a department of defense, we have a war department. If we stuck to defense we would save alot of money and lives.
    Sorry about the MN mixup.

    Here is the slate of Libertarians running in SC.

    http://www.lp.org/state/south-carolina
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •