The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: New (proposed) gun legislation in New York

Default New (proposed) gun legislation in New York

I heard about this yesterday on the radio.........Ugh, I can't take it here anymore!

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation...ill/A3908-2013

If the link doesn't work for you this guy wants all gun owners to buy a million dollar insurance policy if you own a gun here. (Where is the shaking head icon?)

I don't mind the personal liability ins. for the firearm. I think there would be next to 0 payouts with law abiding people that don't drive around shooting stuff. I do not like the registration of the firearm and am deeply disturbed that police are excluded from the law. Considering how many gang bangers are driving around with out insurance I'm sure this law will be a raging success. It would be interesting to see what an ins. person would think the premiums should be for those that legally own guns based on statistics. This ins would only cover legally owned guns of course and could not be used to pay for what criminals without the ins do. Legal gun owners should not have to pay for underinsured gun owners lol. Would insuring a gun make people feel better about gun owners walking around an accidentally shooting paper delivery ladies the way police seem to in some areas. It also looks as if under that law my ins would have to pay out if I had a hunting shack in NY that got broken into while on vacation, unacceptable.

Well of course it is a nice $$ grab for the insurance companies. I question if it is biased toward people who could afford it? If you cannot afford the insurance, you cannot own a firearm? If it is our "constitutional right to bear arms" I quess any "restriction" is okay, insurance, registration, the type of gun, the kind of ammunition......But of course, it is only designed to make it better for me, right? "just in case" someone steals my firearm and commits a crime with it, my personal liability will be covered, that's what government intrusion..er I mean new laws are designed for right... I know they are keeping me safe from everything these days.....kinda like too much sugar in my over 16oz. soda........

Not all New Yorkers live in New York City regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I don't mind the personal liability ins. for the firearm. I think there would be next to 0 payouts with law abiding people that don't drive around shooting stuff. I do not like the registration of the firearm and am deeply disturbed that police are excluded from the law. Considering how many gang bangers are driving around with out insurance I'm sure this law will be a raging success. It would be interesting to see what an ins. person would think the premiums should be for those that legally own guns based on statistics. This ins would only cover legally owned guns of course and could not be used to pay for what criminals without the ins do. Legal gun owners should not have to pay for underinsured gun owners lol. Would insuring a gun make people feel better about gun owners walking around an accidentally shooting paper delivery ladies the way police seem to in some areas. It also looks as if under that law my ins would have to pay out if I had a hunting shack in NY that got broken into while on vacation, unacceptable.
    Doesn't NY already have some kind of registration law? As to the new statute, I didn't see anything that sounded like it would require one to enumerate what firearms one had, just that if you owned firearms, you had to carry a huge liability policy.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Every new firearm you buy in this state has to be "registered", You have to sign a paper and go through a background check. You do not have to have a permit to own rifles and shotguns (yet), unless they are now banned under the new law in which case I believe you have to turn them in within a year. All handguns require a permit, have to be registered and no guns. hand or long guns can have a magazine with more than 7 rounds. Until they amend the new law, even the police carrying more than 7 rounds are in violation.

Some of us are flying the Texas State flag these days, and most are flying "Don't Tread on Me". Even during the election most of the yards in my neighborhood had signs saying Obama vs. America. Little good they did though...we are just the country hicks from Western NY. Can't out vote anyone in a town of 1200.

NY is an extreme state....but don't think it isn't coming to a government near you!