The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: CATO Inst. On The Rise Of Libertarian Politics

Default CATO Inst. On The Rise Of Libertarian Politics

http://www.cato.org/blog/libertarian...rtarian-growth

As more and more citizens grow tired of the Dems and Repubs, they are finding a political Party that they can identify with.

And although he spoke at the RNC, Eastwood complained about the Republican party, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors." In fact, he accused both sides of runaway spending. He said when he started voting he registered Republican because their values were what he believes in, mostly the views that Libertarians hold now.

You remember CATO Inst don't you RK? Should I dig up that thread of yours where you said how much you agreeded with them?

The GOP's growing Libertarian problem.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...arian-problem/
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

It is not a problem. It is an opportunity.

Unfortunately, they are blind to it. They can't give up the control--social, monetary, beaurocratic...
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    http://www.cato.org/blog/libertarian...rtarian-growth

As more and more citizens grow tired of the Dems and Repubs, they are finding a political Party that they can identify with.

And although he spoke at the RNC, Eastwood complained about the Republican party, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors." In fact, he accused both sides of runaway spending. He said when he started voting he registered Republican because their values were what he believes in, mostly the views that Libertarians hold now.

You remember CATO Inst don't you RK? Should I dig up that thread of yours where you said how much you agreeded with them?

The GOP's growing Libertarian problem.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...arian-problem/
    I think I said I liked to read the content.

I am 100% certain you will never, ever find a post where I said.....and I quote you.....that "I agreeded with them."
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think I said I liked to read the content.

I am 100% certain you will never, ever find a post where I said.....and I quote you.....that "I agreeded with them."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Stop holding the illustrious TV executive to a "spelling" standard. He normaly has a secretary do his typing and spell checking.

But FWIW Franco, while many of us conservatives find quite a bit to 'agreeded' with in the Libertarian movement, your "I told you so" attitude of shoving it down our throats, isn't making you many converts.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Stop holding the illustrious TV executive to a "spelling" standard. He normaly has a secretary do his typing and spell checking.

But FWIW Franco, while many of us conservatives find quite a bit to 'agreeded' with in the Libertarian movement, your "I told you so" attitude of shoving it down our throats, isn't making you many converts.

UB
    My attitude is to NOt shove it down anyone's throat. This is an opinion board and all I do is give mine in a tough NeoConservative dominated POTUS Place. The anti-Liberty sentiment of many of the Repubs here is hard to understand. The way they defend the staus quo is mind-boggling.

P S

I'm not as bad a speller as my typing indicates
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

My attitude is to NOt shove it down anyone's throat. This is an opinion board and all I do is give mine in a tough NeoConservative dominated POTUS Place. The anti-Liberty sentiment of many of the Repubs here is hard to understand. The way they defend the staus quo is mind-boggling.

P S

I'm not as bad a speller as my typing indicates
    Sorry Franco, I was trying to make a funny, not personal.
    Lord knows my spelling ain't all that either.

Especially if I use the "fone" with spell check.

I am amazed at what gets written for me......................

I would give a little more creedence to your political opinions if you ever actually shared one.
    I mostly see negative comments about what other politicians and political partys are doing and cut and paste articles (often without credit to the author) describing all the bad things being done.

Here is a tip, you can't build positives out of negatives.

As far as you and your posse knowing that I and the "echo chamber" want bigger government, that is foolish and you know it.
    Just because I don't worship Dr Paul does not mean I want bigger government, it just means I find his negative crack pot demeanor off putting.

I did like Rand Paul's rebuttal and display of testicular fortitude in standing up to the emporer!!!!

But you are actually causing me to rethink that.

Get some cabdidates elected to national office, then I will think you have a "movement."

BTW--I do like Stossel and go out of my way tor watch or read him.

But that is inspite of you, not because of you.

My political hero (who I donated cash & time to) is anything BUT a bigger government neocon rhino.
    And what ever other names you call those who disagree with you.

Scott Walker has done a superb job of trimming government here in WI at the very core of the waste.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-20-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

. The way they defend the staus quo is mind-boggling.
    Maybe RTF's NeoConservatives are the status quo.
    Can I join? Pla pla pla pla please!

So is it harder to convert a dem or a repub?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Sorry Franco, I was trying to make a funny, not personal.
    Lord knows my spelling ain't all that either.

Especially if I use the "fone" with spell check.

I am amazed at what gets written for me......................

I would give a little more creedence to your political opinions if you ever actually shared one.
    I mostly see negative comments about what other politicians and political partys are doing and cut and paste articles (often without credit to the author) describing all the bad things being done.

Here is a tip, you can't build positives out of negatives.

As far as you and your posse knowing that I and the "echo chamber" want bigger government, that is foolish and you know it.
    Just because I don't worship Dr Paul does not mean I want bigger government, it just means I find his negative crack pot demeanor off putting.

I did like Rand Paul's rebuttal and display of testicular fortitude in standing up to the emporer!!!!

But you are actually causing me to rethink that.

Get some cabdidates elected to national office, then I will think you have a "movement."

BTW--I do like Stossel and go out of my way tor watch or read him.

But that is inspite of you, not because of you.

My political hero (who I donated cash & time to) is anything BUT a bigger government neocon rhino.
    And what ever other names you call those who disagree with you.

Scott Walker has done a superb job of trimming government here in WI at the very core of the waste.
    We do have some candidates elected to National office, they just had to run as Repubs to either get on the ballot or get any media attention. In case you have noticed, we currently have a two party monopoly. And, I expect Rand to run as one once he has given up on the NeoConservatives.

I don't share my actual opinions? You have got to be kidding!

Had most of you guys been around in 1776, we would have never had a revolution

Oh, and you won't want to miss Stossel's Thursday night's show on Fox Business, it's gonna be a good one!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Two-party monopoly. I like that--can't wait to use it.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH