The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This was my guy for POTUS...too bad he was shot down by the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Have to disagree Sarge... The R's are trying to be lib lite. You can't out-lib a lib. The voters might as well go with the real deal and vote for the full blooded Lib.

We need more conservatism, not less. Look what this "moderation" has produced for the country.
    I agree with you Bill, but the R Party has a track record of over playing their hand and snatching sure victory into the hands of defeat...many time when a solid conservative will win a seat, someone gets the bright idea of running an extreme candidate that appeases the base but gets clobbered in the general election
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I agree with you Bill, but the R Party has a track record of over playing their hand and snatching sure victory into the hands of defeat...many time when a solid conservative will win a seat, someone gets the bright idea of running an extreme candidate that appeases the base but gets clobbered in the general election
    For every one of the Angle, Akin etc horror stories.... There were more actual victories if the media cared to report on them. If anyone would look a little deeper the GOP was against Marco Rubio in favor of the "moderate" Charlie Crist. Tea Party Support put Rubio in the Senate and Crist promptly showed his true colors and switched to the Dems.

Rand Paul was opposed by the GOP establishment when he ran in KY... But the Tea Party support carried him to Victory. He still acknowledges that support

Ted Cruz in TX was heavily opposed by the GOP establishment, but again, the Tea party stepped up and helped carry him to victory. He is going to be a very good Senator if he continues to stick to his principles.

The list goes on, but those are the most well known, just like the ones you mentioned are the most vilified. 2010 is not that far off. 2014 will be very interesting.
    Bill Davis

For every one of the Angle, Akin etc horror stories.... There were more actual victories if the media cared to report on them. If anyone would look a little deeper the GOP was against Marco Rubio in favor of the "moderate" Charlie Crist. Tea Party Support put Rubio in the Senate and Crist promptly showed his true colors and switched to the Dems.

Rand Paul was opposed by the GOP establishment when he ran in KY... But the Tea Party support carried him to Victory. He still acknowledges that support

Ted Cruz in TX was heavily opposed by the GOP establishment, but again, the Tea party stepped up and helped carry him to victory. He is going to be a very good Senator if he continues to stick to his principles.

The list goes on, but those are the most well known, just like the ones you mentioned are the most vilified. 2010 is not that far off. 2014 will be very interesting.
    You mean the Libertarian Republicans didnt get him elected
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

You mean the Libertarian Republicans didnt get him elected
    Damn... My bad!!
    Bill Davis

....... the R Party has a track record of over playing their hand and snatching sure victory into the hands of defeat........

no way, never done that, wouldent be prudent!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    no way, never done that, wouldent be prudent!

That was as much media driven BS as Rubio's drink of water. IMO... But we all have opinions.
    Bill Davis

Ok it was media driven, but who drove the media to the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In your left wing MN loon mind, what is a GOP moderate? & to cement that please provide examples of elected officials that meet your standard .

I'll try to ignore the fact that your mamma failed miserably in her attempt to instruct you in good manners.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

One more reason not to legalize....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Have to disagree Sarge... The R's are trying to be lib lite. You can't out-lib a lib. The voters might as well go with the real deal and vote for the full blooded Lib.

We need more conservatism, not less. Look what this "moderation" has produced for the country.
    My post is in response to what is see happening not pushing any ideology. But if Republicans continue to purge the moderate elements of the party they will go either to the democrats or become independent. It will allow the democrats to move more to the middle to capture that vote. Being a far right conservative may feel good but that is not where the country is. It is slightly left of moderate. Any party that looks like it is skewed to an extreme is dead meat. The Dems are not casting out their moderates in case you haven't noticed. The party that can claim the middle ground wins. The Republicans seem hell bent to abandon the center.

There is a rift afoot in the Republican Party. All the kings horse's and all the king's may not be enough to put it back a gain. The battle between the Republican establishment and the Tea Party is becoming more nasty by the day. Any hope of reconciliation is dimming. The party is sewing what it reaped by embracing and glorifying the Tea Party minions. Remember, they are the people that never played well with others. Getting them to make peace with the establishment stands about of chance of them cozying up to Obama.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!