The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This was my guy for POTUS...too bad he was shot down by the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    My post is in response to what is see happening not pushing any ideology. But if Republicans continue to purge the moderate elements of the party they will go either to the democrats or become independent. It will allow the democrats to move more to the middle to capture that vote. Being a far right conservative may feel good but that is not where the country is. It is slightly left of moderate. Any party that looks like it is skewed to an extreme is dead meat. The Dems are not casting out their moderates in case you haven't noticed. The party that can claim the middle ground wins. The Republicans seem hell bent to abandon the center.
    There is a rift afoot in the Republican Party. All the kings horse's and all the king's may not be enough to put it back a gain. The battle between the Republican establishment and the Tea Party is becoming more nasty by the day. Any hope of reconciliation is dimming. The party is sewing what it reaped by embracing and glorifying the Tea Party minions. Remember, they are the people that never played well with others. Getting them to make peace with the establishment stands about of chance of them cozying up to Obama.
    Are you kidding me? The Dems are completely controlled by the loony left. Pelosi, Reid, Obama etc... They are the tip of the iceberg... Slightly left of moderate? Holy smokes!
    Bill Davis

Read it again, Bill. The Republican purge will give the Dems room to move over and I believe they will like a cowboy to a free porterhouse steak.
    As far as speakers of the House, I remember every one of them since Joe Martin. None of them have been on the other party's valentine list. They tend to be party purists that grinds the other side.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Read it again, Bill. The Republican purge will give the Dems room to move over and I believe they will like a cowboy to a free porterhouse steak.
    As far as speakers of the House, I remember every one of them since Joe Martin. None of them have been on the other party's valentine list. They tend to be party purists that grinds the other side.
    If the GOP continues to be controlled by the NeoConservative mentality, they will only continue to marginalize thier base. Their whole mindset is continued Deficit spending with some magic in 10 years fixing the deficit/economy! They don't believe in Free Trade, they love to overspend on their causes and are deeply influenced and so are the Dems by lobbyist. Best thing the Repubs could do is to throw out the veterans and bring in the fresh legs. That means destroying the current GOP estbalishment and rebuilding. If they don't, they are done. Which I don't think they ware capable of adapting to, because most are owned and can't.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I'll try to ignore the fact that your mamma failed miserably in her attempt to instruct you in good manners.
    The proper word would be someone, momma was only around for the birth - but be that it may - I asked a couple of questions which you are apparently unable to answer .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The proper word would be someone, momma was only around for the birth - but be that it may - I asked a couple of questions which you are apparently unable to answer .
    Restate your question respectfully and you'll get a respectful answer.
    Zeus

In your mind, what is a GOP moderate? & to cement that please provide examples of elected officials that meet your standard .
    There ya go Sarge .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

There ya go Sarge .
    Thanks, Marv. The Republicans past and present I would consider moderate would be: Dick Lugar, Colin Powell, Bill Milliken (former governor of Michigan), Ev Dirkson, former congressman Jim Ramsted, Chuck Hagel, former congressman Phil Ruppe, Jon Huntsman, Gerald Ford, Mitt Romney (despite saying he was an extreme conservative), Olympia Snow, to mention a few.

Maybes:John McCain (but he dances around a bit), Gov. Rick Snyder, Chris Cristie, Ben Nighthorse Campbell.
    Zeus

Thanks, Marv. The Republicans past and present I would consider moderate would be: Dick Lugar, Colin Powell, Bill Milliken (former governor of Michigan), Ev Dirkson, former congressman Jim Ramsted, Chuck Hagel, former congressman Phil Ruppe, Jon Huntsman, Gerald Ford, Mitt Romney (despite saying he was an extreme conservative), Olympia Snow, to mention a few.

Maybes:John McCain (but he dances around a bit), Gov. Rick Snyder, Chris Cristie, Ben Nighthorse Campbell.
    I would call each of those progressives.
    Add Bush and you got it covered.

None of these people are conservatives.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would call each of those progressives.
    Add Bush and you got it covered.

None of these people are conservatives.
    I agree none of these guys are "hard" conservatives but they are right of center. They are not of the Nelson Rockefeller/ Jacob Javits liberal stripe. But, then the question called for "moderates" and my answer may not coincide with everyone's definition, but that is mine.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-22-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    Zeus

I agree none of these guys are "hard" conservatives but they are right of center. They are not of the Nelson Rockefeller/ Jacob Javits liberal stripe. But, then the question called for "moderates" and my answer may not coincide with everyone's definition, but that is mine.
    Sarge,
    When I speak of "progressives" I am not speking of Democrats or liberals.
    HHH, JFK, Anne Wright are Democrats.
    Mondale, Muskie are liberals.

I am speaking of Harvard progressives who beleive in something I vehemently detest.

Something to do with 1 world!

JMO
    Last edited by road kill; 02-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis