The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-traditional targets

In the original post, I said that I wasn't sure what to say. After thinking about it, here is what I have to say: we need to talk to our local government officials and make sure that our local law enforcement isn't training on anything like this. We also need to voice concerns with our State level officials to make sure that the state police are not training on these or similar materials. Training to be desensitized toward this kind of target is simply NOT acceptable.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The reasoning behind it was to train officers that there can be potential threats anywhere. Apparently not all bad guys are 6'2" 250 lbs and wearing a ski mask. However this is a really bad idea. Probably good advertising for the company, but a really bad idea.

Is that a trash can lid your dog is wearing in lieu of the more traditional plastic cone?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Always follow the money to find the truth about the Government and or Politicians!Truth be told some elected official started the business and trying to sell it.
    Ahh come on Tom!
    You are so cynical these days!

It is a trash can lid. I heard him downstairs getting in the can. I ran downstairs to catch him. He heard me coming and ran around the corner and laid down like he was there the whole time. That is a picture of my dog totally busted. It shouldn't be, but it is my favorite picture of him.