The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12wk Tess 50yd

Good for you. Doing great. She did that right...

Don't fall into the trap of too much distance. As your dog gets older be sure she is marking well at shorter distances, 50-75 yards. Too many people are happy if their dog barely gets a longer mark rather than doing it right.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

[QUOTE=John Lash;1072434]Good for you. Doing great. She did that right...

Thanks John!! This might sound really bad but when you say she did that right what exactly are you looking at? Sorry if that's a ROOKIE question!

Congratulations!!! what a change from not retrieving to doing 50+ yd marks and she pinned it - Like John said make sure she is doing it right and multiple days in a row before advancing too much, most retrieves for duck hunting will be within the 50 to 75 yd mark unless you get a sailer but I am sure your a better shot than I

Good job and keep up the good work. you are doing great for this being your first retriever.
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve - Ace
    Foundation's Peanut Butter Cup - Reece

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Congrats! Glad to see that one. We still have too much snow so haven't had much distance work for my pup yet, we are using the basement at my work. My daughter is my thrower now and we just introduced that last week. Keep the updates coming