The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question For Some of You

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
    I would say that at 21 I am close to the youngest... and to answer your question, you have to look into history as sick lids suggested.

Legalize Marijuana? After experimentation in the 50's and the "hippie" movement of the 60's (RK, whose generation was this? I do not know your age, just asking. I hate when people blame our generation for current issues. Problems like today's do not happen overnight. It is continual negligence), many were calling for legalization. Look at the leaders of those movements. They aren't in college; they still sport the pony tails from their youth.
    Illegals? Immigration was generally open until world war II. Here is a question I think many need to think about (especially those who take advantage of our welfare system): What job is so far "below" yourself that you will not take it? Is the pursuit of the American Dream really just a pursuit of American Greed? Maybe illegals would not be so inclined to work in the US as much if Americans got off the couch and worked a minimum wage job. How do you think I am paying for school?
    Guns? Ever since the massive government programs of the 1930's, the government has been trying to take control of what citizens do in all aspects of life. Another question: Why is having a gun held in such a negative light today? Where did this start? To answer this, look at today's media and cinema. How are guns portrayed?

If one is going to talk about history and America, Rome must be in the discussion. We, America, are sliding down the same slope the Romans did. If we do not look to history, IT WILL REPEAT ITSELF. Detach yourself from current issues for a moment and learn something about ancient Rome. How could the Romans have avoided destruction? How does that translate to modern day America?
    If anyone can figure this out, I will stand behind them. It would be an answer to an age old question and, I believe, the answer to the future of our great country
    Are you sure you want to draw comparisons to Rome?

For the first 700 years, until 50BC, Rome was a Republic. From 50BC till the official fall of Rome in 410 they were ruled by Ceasars. Their greatest prosperity was from100 BC till around 200 AD when Rome became a Christian nation. During that period, their wealth can from robbing and pillaging other peoples. Other than art, Rome produced nothing but an effective army. In fact, at the time of Jesus, there were more slaves in Rome than citizens. From around 200 AD until the official fall, when the Visagoths walked into the city and sacked it, they were ruled by Christians

P S
    Pres. Reagan declared Amnesty for 11 million illegals back in the 80's. All that did was encourage another flood of illegals.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I am probably the youngest person that post on POTUS (and I very rarely do), so I have a question for you older guys, and ladies. Would you have ever thought that you would see the day when the following things would happen or are in the process of happening in this country?

Legalize marijuana? States rights you know...
    Make ILLEGAL immigrants legal, which therefore makes them eligible for programs they have never contributed too! There has been no definitive immigration policy proposed or passed as yet.
    LAW ABIDING CITIZENS (Gun Owners) would be looked at as scum of the earth, and the prez pretty much calls us that? Can you cite that.

I could name several more, but here are a few that really get me. Go for it.

Oh btw, HEY DEMS ARE YOU HAPPY YET???? Your guy is doing a GREAT job! I can remember one of you in particular that said “He isn’t going to mess with our 2nd Ammendment” At this point any gun legislation proposed or passed has been at the state level
    This thread intrigues me. I will try to post responces to each reply, rather than link them all together. My replies above are in red.

PS I will try to review my responces and use spell check before I hit submit. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Born during the Hoover administration, cast my 1st POTUS vote for Adlai Stevenson (but have smartened up since) so have seen a lot of things come & go.

You have more choices today but less freedom, opportunities still exist but need to be ID'd & most take hard work . The MSM is corrupt, you have to follow alternate publications while keeping up with what the MSM does. You must remember the depression of the 30's was caused by the financial excesses of the 20's, so history repeats itself. I still have pictures of the flappers of that era.

As parents one must teach their children what life is going to be like - when our 3rd son was in the Marines his drill instructor commented that he was the only young man in the troop that had never cried when confronted with adverse conditions. Like dogs people learn to deal with pressure. But that says much about how soft our nation has become.

Spending has to be reined in - in WA (with our aerospace, tech & biotech sectors) pay for public employees is still about 60% higher than the private sector. That's without discussing benefits. There is no reason for that disparity between sectors except PE Unions & their financial clout in elections.

If you want the government to take care of you, we see how good that's working right now. Everything they do is bankrupt.

There is too much personal greed, & I do not mean that greed that comes from working hard but the personal greed of wanting something at someone else's expense.

& as Stan said "the folks of his generation started this". But there was not a requirement to listen & some didn't so it happened because the majority of folks allowed it to.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    Hi Brandon,
    Liberalism is a mental disorder. I didnt make that up heard Michael Savage say it more than once!
    But does'nt it make sense? One can understand all this happening where liberals have brainwashed the masses. But it's growing more and more which is the scarry thing. It is hard to believe there are so many gullable people in the Country but thats where we are today. I still believe that common sense will prevail one day, but I fear it will take a tragic event to wake folks up!
    Many States are finally returning to a conservative approach but nationally the liberals still are winning.
    Just my 2cents
    Liberalism is no more a mental disorder than conservatism, regardless of what M. Savage says. Tom the brainwashed include you as well. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I am probably the youngest person that post on POTUS (and I very rarely do), so I have a question for you older guys, and ladies. Would you have ever thought that you would see the day when the following things would happen or are in the process of happening in this country?

Legalize marijuana? no, but then again I would never have thought Cigs would be banned everywhere
    Make ILLEGAL immigrants legal, which therefore makes them eligible for programs they have never contributed too! Yes as it happened before in the late 80's and it made me furious back then. As a legal immigrant it makes my blood boil. I can remember being in my early 20s getting a promotion at work and having a temp to perm doing my old job. She was in her 50s doing a great job but got denied the perm job only because the company as a govt contractor had to do not ask me why give jobs to minorities rather than the qualified person and that slot as it was open was chosen by HR. SO suddenly I'm told I have to train another person for the job while doing my new job (again) and in walks a new legal citizen who was AN ILLEGAL BORDER JUMPER!!!! I almost quit 3 times in the process but being so young I was able to be bribed with created "training bonuses". When I quit eventually I said in front of a ton of employees directly to the controler that I will miss the people but not the crap that happened about illegal border jumpers!
    LAW ABIDING CITIZENS (Gun Owners) would be looked at as scum of the earth, and the prez pretty much calls us that? yes, the ban in the 90's and growing up in CT I know the liberal stupid idiot attitude.

I could name several more, but here are a few that really get me.

Oh btw, HEY DEMS ARE YOU HAPPY YET???? Your guy is doing a GREAT job! I can remember one of you in particular that said “He isn’t going to mess with our 2nd Ammendment”
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I just had this conversation with RK this morning...I can remember when they initiated a nonsmoking ban at a few restaurants in certain California cities. I honestly thought that it would never hold up in court

Well fast forward 20 yrs later and its now illegal in some Calif cities to smoke in public places outdoors....

and I am a Non Smoker

Think again that they cant legislate away some personal liberties...

I am a smoker, Bon. I have no problem with restricting it in public if that is what the state or municipality wants as their standard. Once again states rights or local standards. JD

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    This thread intrigues me. I will try to post responces to each reply, rather than link them all together. My replies above are in red.

PS I will try to review my responces and use spell check before I hit submit. JD
    Obama broke the law and lets illegal border jumpers stay so far for 2 years, THEY ARE ILLEGAL AND NEED TO BE THROWN BACK OVER THRE BORDER AS SOON AS THEY ARE FOUND> EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. ON THE SPOT END OF STORY, PROVE YOUR LEGAL WITHIN 24 HOURS OR BORDER TOSS ( BEST INTO A PIT OF ALLIGATORS)

I am a smoker, Bon. I have no problem with restricting it in public if that is what the state or municipality wants as their standard. Once again states rights or local standards. JD
    Yet they want the tax money. I'm a smoker and I don't think they should be allowed to restrict it on private property like resaurants and bars. Let the owner decide and then the patrons can decide whether to still go there end of story. As for parks and such, the can go to hell and I will smoke because I have rights too.
    Someone once told me to put it out on the capital mall on the 4th watching the fireworks, bad move, i then chain smoked and blew it in the clowns face non stop. HE MESSED WITH MY FREEDOM!!!

I work with two smokers that quit successfully with E Cigerettes. Both smoked for decades and thought they could never quit! The come to staff meetings with the e-cig hanging out their mouth! Now, I am beginning to wonder if they can kick the e-smoke. If they do, I'm in
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by jeff evans View Post
    I am as well a younger guy, early 30's and have always had the "it wont happen in my time" attitude. Which brings up a more important question; is it a good idea to bring children into the world these days in America? Take a look at this one and make note of the ratio between D and R.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cted_of_crimes
    I can not answer your question. Personally, I chose to not have children for a variety of reasons. JD