The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    It is still puzzling why he hasn't gravitated to the blog where all his buddies have gone, where he will certainly find everyone on the same page as he is.

UB
    Bill thinks they have all moved to some blog somewhere.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think a lot of them gave up on attempting any meanful debate with a bunch of NeoCons. Just look at the vast majority of responses from the Neos. Usually, one or two sentences with nothing but insults for different opinions. Mainly because they can not articulate a defense of thier own position. There is even a revolt within the GOP between the big government/big spending crony capitalist NeoCon Repubs that supported Romney and his plan to grow the deficit by 5-7 Trillion and those that truely want limited government!
    This from a guy that supports a kook.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    ...so many that used to post here, that either self-indentified, as democrats, liberals, independents. Or were identified as such...by others, have ceased to post. JD
    To be honest, I haven't given it a second thought.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I think a lot of them gave up on attempting any meanful debate with a bunch of NeoCons. Just look at the vast majority of responses from the Neos. Usually, one or two sentences with nothing but insults for different opinions. Mainly because they can not articulate a defense of thier own position. There is even a revolt within the GOP between the big government/big spending crony capitalist NeoCon Repubs that supported Romney and his plan to grow the deficit by 5-7 Trillion and those that truely want limited government!
    A bit off topic, but I have to say that if that is your pup in your avatar, someone should sic the authorities on you for animal abuse.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Why don't you list these posters.

I believe that list will be self explanatory...............
    I spent a few minutes and a cup of coffee browsing thru the membership. Surprisingly, without making a list, the names I recognized from the last decade that would be described as right leaning, conservative republicans, that no longer post, was far greater then those on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Just maybe they are embarrassed.
    Mike, I think you're on to something.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I spent a few minutes and a cup of coffee browsing thru the membership. Surprisingly, without making a list, the names I recognized from the last decade that would be described as right leaning, conservative republicans, that no longer post, was far greater then those on the left.

Mike, I think you're on to something.
    JD :maybe they too are embarrassed by us NEOCONS....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think a lot of them gave up on attempting any meanful debate with a bunch of NeoCons. Just look at the vast majority of responses from the Neos. Usually, one or two sentences ( some say more of substance in one or two sentences than others do in a week of redundant postings) with nothing but insults for different opinions. Mainly because they can not articulate a defense of thier own position. There is even a revolt within the GOP between the big government/big spending crony capitalist NeoCon Repubs that supported Romney and his plan to grow the deficit by 5-7 Trillion and those that truely want limited government!
    Dr Paul must have issued a new talking point "buzz word."
    Neo con.
    From the department of redundancy department!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Dr Paul must have issued a new talking point "buzz word."
    Neo con.
    From the department of redundancy department!
    Kind of reminds of of the buzz word "secular progressive" that's been beaten to death recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Kind of reminds of of the buzz word "secular progressive" that's been beaten to death recently.
    Guilty as charged!!
    (Used to distinguish between Democrats and progressives and BTW, there are many so called Republicans that fit into that category)

I know what the definition of "secular progressive" is.

I think most here do as well.

Could you tell me what a "Neo-Con" is in the context it is being used here?

I haven't seen an explanation.

Thank you!
    Last edited by road kill; 02-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Some just get tired of the rhetoric, beating a dead horse, no win situations. Oh and some just get pissed.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon