The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Some just get tired of the rhetoric, beating a dead horse, no win situations. Oh and some just get pissed.

Last edited by road kill; 02-23-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Guilty as charged!!
    (Used to distinguish between Democrats and progressives and BTW, there are many so called Republicans that fit into that category)

I know what the definition of "secular progressive" is.

I think most here do as well.

Could you tell me what a "Neo-Con" is in the context it is being used here?

I haven't seen an explanation.

Thank you!
    Google broke?? GHTWHT
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Is that the same Chris Mathews that got a tingle up his legwhen the O spoke?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Guilty as charged!!
    (Used to distinguish between Democrats and progressives and BTW, there are many so called Republicans that fit into that category)

I know what the definition of "secular progressive" is.

I think most here do as well.

Could you tell me what a "Neo-Con" is in the context it is being used here?

I haven't seen an explanation.

Thank you!
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...oconservative/
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Asked and answered. Where have i heard that before?

Or, I could say "Bang, head shot."
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

So, your answer is a cut a paste of an editorial about war mongers??

And that is what you think I am??

Like Marvin, I was hoping for "your words."
    Guess that ain't gonna happen.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I spent a few minutes and a cup of coffee browsing thru the membership. Surprisingly, without making a list, the names I recognized from the last decade that would be described as right leaning, conservative republicans, that no longer post, was far greater then those on the left.

You know, I was having a cup a JO, looking at the RTF main page.
    Shocking how many people that used to post there no longer do.

Why do you suppose that is????

Uhhhhhhh......LIFE maybe????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    ...so many that used to post here, that either self-indentified, as democrats, liberals, independents. Or were identified as such...by others, have ceased to post. JD
    This is bazaar! I turn on the early morning TV for a bit afore I go out to hug tree. The local Fox affiliate has a local hunting program on that is very good. This weeks episode they were hunting ducks and Canada geese in east Maryland during that fricken huge snowstorm last month.
    Anyway, I digress.
    I drifted into the half hour bible study program after. It is raining slush here right now and I am not that eager to go hug a tree in falling slush.
    So today’s episode was part of the book of acts. Now I am not a line-by-line Bible study type of person. Personally I look at it much like dog training as you need the hole picture overview. Not a line-by-line training program (those folk who would read a page, go out on the lawn, read another page, go out again??)
    Anyway, I digress again!!!

But ONE LINE of today’s program really really really really hit home just now.

About a feller Simon who is asking an Apostil Paul how much money he needs to pay to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

I think it applies to the why of some not posting, as well as some other things I am ruminating on at this time.

Here is the line. If you seek it out for your own Sunday reading start with about 4 lines in front of it to lead in. That is what the TV feller did.

Hits home

For I see that thou art in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, I think you read way to much into the intent of my original post. It is cold and snow flurries here as well. I'll go out later and hug a tree in your name. Enjoy your day. JD

or conversely, you may not be ken to the depth of your own question.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin