The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pendulum Swings

Default The Pendulum Swings

Contrary to what the resident curmudgeon states . Would someone post the link?

From the 2-25-13 National Review an article "States of Conservatism" by John Hood begins with:
    Quote Originally Posted by edited for brevity
    Inaugration day 2013 was a moment of jubilation for conservatives.

I'm describing the inaugration of Pat McCrory, NC's 1st R governor in 20 years. One of the few bright spots of the election, it would show why this election in the 10th largest state got more attention than normal.

In general, however, R success in state & local politics is an under reported story.

Often without a great deal of national attention, conservatives have turned their election victories in many states into legislative victories. They cite specifically WI, MI & TX, with specific progress on fiscal & educational reform being made in other states.

We should not be naive. New Republican governments at the state & local levels haven't always produced conservative leadership, & there is more work to do!
    & from Steve Forbes Fact & Comment column - could someone link? - (Steve would like us on a Gold standard with a Flat Tax) - the observation of 2 anniversaries, a praise of conservative governors & a comment about the Fed:
    Quote Originally Posted by SF (edited)
    This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Federal Income Tax in February & the Federal Reserve system in December, both of which today do immeasurable harm. & thankfully, both will be undergoing enormous changes.

A potshot at NJ, MA, IL, CA, MD & CT for their punishing taxes - & kudo's to Sam Brownback KS, Dave Heineman NE, Bobby Jindal LA, Pat McCrory NC, Mary Fallin OK & John Kasich OH.

The Fed's ultra low interest rate policy is compared to rent control (I know personally it has made it hard to donate to worthy causes). Even the Bank of England has been voicing deep skepticism about the efficacy of QE.

Being off the gold standard has been destructive of the world's financial systems.
    Anyway there is a lot of cause for optimism - but I'll pass this little tidbit on - when George Wallace conducted his 3rd party candidacy he got around 20% of the vote, in a different time when Ross Perot conducted his on again off again on again campaign he also got got around 20%, other fringe parties have gotten up to 5% of the vote. & we're supposed to buy the hogwash that the Libertarians are a viable party with 1% of the vote .

The NR is espcially good this month with a couple of good articles on Immigration Reform. Have a great weekend, folks .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

wallace would have made it a true three horse race........if they hadn't shot him.
    john mccallie

Well Marv, I see you are still living in the past.

Had RP run as a Libertarian for President, we would have gotten anywhere between 10-15% of the total vote in an OPEN Presidential election! Had he, then he would have been blamed for Romney's loss. As it was, the Libertarian vote may have cost Romney the state of Florida.

The Libertarian revival is fairly new and growing. Major gains will be made in 2014 and 2016 as it continues to grow. Just watch what happens when the GOP establishment refuses to support Rand

Where were you self-annointed Conservatives when Bush43 was adding 10 TRILLION to the deficit and raising the Debt Ceiling 7-8 times? I'll tell you where you were, you were supporting it as good little NeoCons! You so-called Conservatives must have been very proud when Bush bailed out Bankers and Wall St Brokers. Here's a hint, you are not a Conservative!

BTW, trying to quiet a different voice like you and the GOP and Dems are doing just demonstrates how really scared you and they are. And like the rest of you NeoCons, your days in office are numbered!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-23-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Libertarian revival is fairly new and growing. Major gains will be made in 2014 and 2016 as it continues to grow. Just watch what happens when the GOP establishment refuses to support Rand

I'll tell you where you were, you were supporting it as good little NeoCons!
    In your best words - please explain what a NeoCon is - I want to know if i'm being insulted .

Also please explain where Rand Paul is any different than Rubio or the present POTUS - Experience wise & Accomplishment wise .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In your best words - please explain what a NeoCon is - I want to know if i'm being insulted .

Also please explain where Rand Paul is any different than Rubio or the present POTUS - Experience wise & Accomplishment wise .
    Because he has been proclaimed by Franco to be a Libetarian Republican... Rubio and Obama have been accorded no such "honor".
    Bill Davis

Well Marv, I see you are still living in the past.

Had RP run as a Libertarian for President, we would have gotten anywhere between 10-15% of the total vote in an OPEN Presidential election! Had he, then he would have been blamed for Romney's loss. As it was, the Libertarian vote may have cost Romney the state of Florida.
    Bravo Sierra....I challnge you to prove this assertion.

Where were you self-annointed Conservatives when Bush43 was adding 10 TRILLION to the deficit and raising the Debt Ceiling 7-8 times? I'll tell you where you were, you were supporting it as good little NeoCons! You so-called Conservatives must have been very proud when Bush bailed out Bankers and Wall St Brokers. Here's a hint, you are not a Conservative!

BTW, trying to quiet a different voice like you and the GOP and Dems are doing just demonstrates how really scared you and they are. And like the rest of you NeoCons, your days in office are numbered!
    This is not anchored in any facts!
    This is speculation and hope.
    It is the same old same old.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This is not anchored in any facts!
    This is speculation and hope.
    It is the same old same old.
    Maybe Franco got some hallucinogenics in his gumbo?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Maybe Franco got some hallucinogenics in his gumbo?
    I do have to give Franco props.....he is straight up in his beliefs, and stands up clearly for what he believes in.

Now......back to your regulary scheduled dead horse beating!!!!!!

Last edited by road kill; 02-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Here ya go. http://www.theamericanconservative.c...oconservative/
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Thanks - but not in your own words - I would note to you that I served & 2 of our 4 sons did also plus a grandson on the Pakistan border. We're all Legion members though some could do the VFW thing. Several others here that you include in your potshots are also vets. How about you & members of your family? I don't know so I'm asking as it seems one who throws buzz words as you do should be able to back it up . While I supported A'stan, the resultant muckup by both administrations & the generals have me thinking we need an isolationist policy for awhile. I think it's time NATO, Korea, the Balkans to assume their military role or pay us full bore for the expense. I recently read an article in the New Yorker about the sad state of our military leadership.

No one on this forum other than the lefty's were happy with Bush's spending, nor were we happy with Bush's choices for cabinet positions. There was a thread on that subject & I asked if anyone would be willing to work for someone who was unwilling to back them - got some interesting responses.

So as usual, you are out in Left Field with your name calling & it needs to stop. You might confine yourself to sports prognostications where your record could use improvement & compete with Jacob or something you actually know something about, LA food but watch the mushrooms? While I admire your willingness to back a lost cause some of us with a little common sense actually know better .
    Last edited by Marvin S; 02-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Marvin S