The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pendulum Swings

Ah, Marvin. You've moved closer to Mr. franco and you don't even see it.

Pendulum swings are inevitable... All sorts of laws at work... Don't fight it, just feel the breeze as you swing...
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Ah, Marvin. You've moved closer to Mr. franco and you don't even see it.

Pendulum swings are inevitable... All sorts of laws at work... Don't fight it, just feel the breeze as you swing...
    Somehow Greta, I think you have just insulted me without trying. I process information, some get's higher marks because of it's sourcing, that's how I come to believe as I do.

This week I have read INC, Wired, 3 Outdoor magazines, Forbes, Bugle, Fortune, National Review, CATO newsletter, Freedom Foundation newsletter, the Capital Press (a farm magazine), a Grisham Book, All our local newsparers, plus assorted articles on the web, Sunset, Seattle Met, & Retriever News. There is value in all of these publications, the ability to sort out that value is another story. I do this most weeks so have a different world than most.

There was a point in time when I thought a visit & lunch with Franco when we do our trip around the country would be nice - that is no longer in the itinerary, though the trip is.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

*sigh*

I only meant to insult just a little.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Somehow Greta, I think you have just insulted me without trying. I process information, some get's higher marks because of it's sourcing, that's how I come to believe as I do.

This week I have read INC, Wired, 3 Outdoor magazines, Forbes, Bugle, Fortune, National Review, CATO newsletter, Freedom Foundation newsletter, the Capital Press (a farm magazine), a Grisham Book, All our local newsparers, plus assorted articles on the web, Sunset, Seattle Met, & Retriever News. There is value in all of these publications, the ability to sort out that value is another story. I do this most weeks so have a different world than most.

There was a point in time when I thought a visit & lunch with Franco when we do our trip around the country would be nice - that is no longer in the itinerary, though the trip is.
    I do hope you can swing through the Great Lakes area!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    marvin,
    i am with you......i aint goin to see franco either. if he will thaw out a spec and make some of that gumb-alaya stuff i might reconsider though!!!!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    marvin,
    i am with you......i aint goin to see franco either. if he will thaw out a spec and make some of that gumb-alaya stuff i might reconsider though!!!!
    A few years back, when AT&T Universal still had a part of the credit card market we had a run in with them. I did not feel that had advanced our interests as a customer in a dispute, which we do rarely, probably because we don't use the card much. In closing I told the guy that we would be sending our cut up card to them with the final bill & would find someone else to do business with. About a week later I get a call asking me to reconsider & when I wouldn't they offered to give me a credit of all the money they had made from us - a little over $800, I told them that their lack of integrity was not something that had a price & refused the offer. As much as I like good food, one of the vices of a healthy lifestyle, I will pass the opportunity to visit with Franco.

Around our house I do most of the arguing with outsiders as that's where my interests are, but when the politico's need calling my wife does it, it's comical to listen to someone who is not a political junkie work the phone. Sometimes not having all the info in your processor is an effective tool in a discussion. My wife ran our small business so she has a different mind set than most .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I do hope you can swing through the Great Lakes area!
    You don't know how much I regret not being able to attend the training day at Nancy's, just got a full plate.

Marvin S